Dodgy Names

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fartsac, Dec 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying hard to get away from a thought that's been bugging me for some time now, and that is people with Christian Names as Surnames, they are invariably dodgy (take that as you will :) ) and it's just not right :wink: !

Please someone either prove or disprove my perplexed theory.....

e.g. Elt*n J*hn, Ge*rge Mich*el, J*hn L*slie, ...the list goes on..... :?
  2. That psycho hippy wierdo bint off 'Playschool' in the 70's....Tony Arthur....
  3. Henry Kelly.....
  4. Paul Simon is a w*nker
  5. Lou- Lou does that count?
  6. People with surnames as Christian names are even worse......usually inbred blue bloods
  7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I trust that your legal insurance is up to date. BTW it's "Toni"
  8. Difadus diagestium herd it on telly must be true.
  9. hear about the scottish couple: Ben Doone and Phil McCavity - or the irish Paddy Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick?! that beats stupid parents, no?
  10. Cliff Richard, Michael Howard
  11. 'new' names worry me,
    when I took my daughter into SCBU , the nurses asked for her name, and were relieved when I told them a 'normal' name. The previous week they had twins in named 'Diesel' and 'Pistol' WTF is going on there?

I'm guessing the parents were a. still at school and b. wearing burberry
  12. Something about this on the radio last week, other popular choices included: Ikea and Samsung...?
    Once when travelling from London to Manchester by train, a young woman boarded the carriage with a young boy and his two elder sisters. After the usual shouting and running around you'd expect from kids, excited to be travelling by train, "Chantal-Leanne" & "Sinitta" were ordered to behave and stand next to little "Keanu"........
  13. An ex of mine had a daughter by a guy who left before the kiddie was a year old. She has always refused to tell me what the wee girl was actually christened, on the grounds that it's "a ******* woeful name".
    The wee girl gets called "Tinnie" so I shudder to think.
  14. Hi biscuits

I was in Windsor yesterday discussing arrse with someone known to me. IIRC he claimed to be you (there are a few biscuits around).

Your given location being slightly confusing in the light of my information ...... was it you or is JL a-Walting ?.

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Elton John, George Michael, Henry Kelly, Cliff Richard, etc.

Is having a Christian name as a surname proof positive that the owner is a card-carrying marmite-muncher ?

I'm going to die of over-alliteration.