dodgy lyrics!!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Potential, Aug 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any songs which they thought they knew the lyrics of but then somehow found out they didn't???

EG. Madonna's Erotic which a friend of mine swore had the (exceedingly scary) lyrics of

"Bill Oddie Bill Oddie - put your hands all over my body" 8O

Until we informed her otherwise!!

2. An ex-girlfriend of mine thought the first line of Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams was "I got my first real sex-dream"

Didn't know you could buy them at the 5 and Dime.

3. "My lovers got no money, Hes got a trampoline"
    Cant remember the song but it continues to....
    Want more and More, people Just want more and more, Keep......(something) love, People just want more and more.
    Free from desire, Mind and strength must be "reviled?"

For truly dodgy lyrics you cant beat the House anthem "Rhythm is a dancer" which contains the Macabre lyric:
    "Serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer"

4. Meat Loaf has occassionally been accused of singing about his 'Cilla Black Phantom Dyke' in 'Bat out of Hell'...

5. Oh, I think we can- does anyone remember Scatman John? "I'm a Scat Man! etc."

6. who remembers "here come the men in black" I always thought and sang "here comes the minute man" lol

7. [ An ex-girlfriend of mine thought the first line of Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams was "I got my first real sex-dream" ]

Is that why you became an ex?? she discovered you were no real sex dream he he he

8. GROWING ON ME - by the darkness!

Not romantic at all.
    All about gential Warts!

9. You're a girly, right? No bloke would admit to that.

10. Sophie Ellis Bexter:

"Murder on the dance floor, better not steal the Groom...."

I was really struggling to work out what the Groom had to do with it.

Peeby

11. You're a girly, right? No bloke would admit to that.

Yes I am a girly. I was giving it large singing it at the top of my voice when I was corrected!! was funny

12. ABC's when smokeys sings as a kid for years i was trying to work out why they were smoking sand

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I was never quite sure if Dexy's Midnight Runners' "Come on Eileen" was a dirty song or not...