Dodge cars.

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by the_beer_man, Aug 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at getting a new chariot for the Beer family. Been looking around for a while now but not found anything that fits the bill (well, within my price range anyway). I found quite a few Dodge Calibers and Journeys on Autotrader and they seem good value for money. I've had a quick spin in a Journey (5 minutes or so) and liked it. But it was a brand new one so it will seem good compared to my 12 year old shit mobile.

Anyway, has anyone had or owned a Dodge for any length of time? What where they like in the long term. Most car magazine reviews I've read slate them but owners reviews are mixed.

Thanks in advance.

2. Not sure a dodgem is going to work on the road though... no electrickery.

What about a 1.2 nova with a sparkler taped to the aerial?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Slow Sunday mate?

4. Just waiting for the servers to re-boot... for about the 15th time.

5. A phrase involving a bargepole comes to mind...

6. You mean pop the boot and 'punt' it down the road...

'Just one Cornetto, give it to me, not bloody likely they cost 50p!'

7. That bad?

8. Just remember that both vehicles are now built in Venezuela so one has to question the build quality. Also the Dodge Journey is known as the Fiat Freemont here in France and its predecessor was the infamous Fiat Multipla that had numerous electrical problems including immobilisers that would activate without warning whilst driving down the road.

9. fu2

fu2 LE

Unbenannt.png

the only decent Dodge ever built.

10. The best ever Dodge built was by Tony Liar " where there , or where there not weapons of mass destruction hoarded by Saddam Hussein"

11. We've had a Dodge Journey as a family car for about a year now. Well worth the money although recommend you do what we did which is to pay the extra and get the R/T version with the 3.6 V6 engine. Anything else seems underpowered with 2 adults and 3 kids. The bigger engine helps a great deal on trips over a couple of hours and is not that thirsty. We go over to the Okanagan fairly regularly and the R/T handles highway 1 and highway 3 in the Rockies without any hassles. The only beef I have with it is the gearbox. When you shift from auto into manual it pops you back to first gear which is a real pain. It would be much better if Dodge set the gearbox up so you shifted into the current gear.

Lancslad

12. You forgot this one ( but only the 440 R/T )

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well apart from the fact that they are built in Mexico ! And the Fiat Freemont is a Fiat Freemont and not a Dodge Journey as they are different and WTF does the fact that the Fiat Multipla was shit got to do with anything? ( A lot like saying the mark 1 Mini was a rust bucket so the new BMW mini will also be a rust bucket)

Apart from that your post was spot on ?

Just done 2300 km this week in a 3.6 V6 Freemont and it's the dogs dangly bits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dodge cars?
    It's what I do every day on my Ducati.

Having said all that, if I had the cash I'd get a Charger or a Challenger.

15. No bloody Ducati would get in your way if you were driving one of them. Poor fuel economy though.