DoD and CIA Want "Leaks" on OBL Op to End

If it was not already grotesquely apparent that our Masters are using this for crass political reasons to milk every benefit for His re-election by leaking information that no sane government would, there is this:

Gates, Mullen appeal for end to disclosures of Osama bin Laden raid details - The Washington Post

IMHO, this shows at best gross ineptitude by our Masters as to the effect of such disclosures on future operations and how it violates even the most basic tenet of not disclosing means and methods of such operations, but worse, and far more likely, it is a conscious effort to re-create Him into a strong leader on national security (and try to reverse the dramatically sagging opinion polls about how well He is doing) and to keep the media focus away from the continuing horrible economic news.

We could well take a page from the UK playbook for such special operations--"we do not comment on our special forces" PERIOD

Even the politicians and the media in the UK seem to honor this.

If it was not already grotesquely apparent that our Masters are using this for crass political reasons to milk every benefit for His re-election by leaking information that no sane government would, there is this:

Gates, Mullen appeal for end to disclosures of Osama bin Laden raid details - The Washington Post

IMHO, this shows at best gross ineptitude by our Masters as to the effect of such disclosures on future operations and how it violates even the most basic tenet of not disclosing means and methods of such operations, but worse, and far more likely, it is a conscious effort to re-create Him into a strong leader on national security (and try to reverse the dramatically sagging opinion polls about how well He is doing) and to keep the media focus away from the continuing horrible economic news.

We could well take a page from the UK playbook for such special operations--"we do not comment on our special forces" PERIOD

Even the politicians and the media in the UK seem to honor this.
Seems to have worked, JJ. Of course, he has a long way to go and anything can happen between now and November next year. But there's no doubt that taking the Bin out is the best thing that's happend to him since he got the job. Indeed, it's arguably Obama's only solid victory in three and a half years. I don't pretend to to be an expert on American politics, but it seems that until now, Obama's only real achievement was to not be George Bush...

Obama didnt do anything to catch OBL, he was merely just top of the chain of command.

Was he out in ****ing deserts and shanty little villages with a burka on tailing OBL's henchmen?
Was he manning listening posts recording information?
Did he personally beat the information out of terror suspects?
Did he jump out of a helicopter in the middle of the night and slot OBL with a rifle?

NO HE ****ing DIDNT
The fact he was president at the time has **** all to do with anything

*rant over*

Obama didnt do anything to catch OBL, he was merely just top of the chain of command.

Was he out in ****ing deserts and shanty little villages with a burka on tailing OBL's henchmen?
Was he manning listening posts recording information?
Did he personally beat the information out of terror suspects?
Did he jump out of a helicopter in the middle of the night and slot OBL with a rifle?

NO HE ****ing DIDNT
The fact he was president at the time has **** all to do with anything

*rant over*
I posted this in a different context but I think shows the disconnect between what you rightly observe and the way He sees it and the virtual "national epic" trying to transform Him into a Beowulf type figure worthy of Viking folklore.

Contrast the differences between the (evil, incompetent, stupid etc. etc.) GW Bush and Him (also a Nobel laureate mind you):

The President of the United States speaking after the capture of Saddam Hussein:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

The President of the United States speaking after the killing of Osama bin Laden:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
(my bold)

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Did he? IMHO one idiot just carried on where another left off. It just happens Bin Laden was caught under Obamas shift.
To be fair to Him, most of our politicians like to take credit for good things and find a convenient scape goat for the bad. Of course, in His case, if you survey his speeches and other public pronouncements, He usually uses such hyperbole to whatever subject He happens to be referring at the time. I suppose "top" in terms of priorities is a term of art.

Cameron is a jolly nice fellow, he held a door open for a old lady yesterday.

(actually it was me but seen as though Cam's in charge, he should get the credit)

Contrast the differences between the (evil, incompetent, stupid etc. etc.) GW Bush and Him (also a Nobel laureate mind you):

(my bold)

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
I have to say 'your bold' is exactly what struck me as noteworthy in that address (other than the actual news, of course).

I have to say 'your bold' is exactly what struck me as noteworthy in that address (other than the actual news, of course).
You can also assume that this was carefully crafted as are all His other prepared tele-prompted statements.

You can also assume that this was carefully crafted as are all His other prepared tele-prompted statements.
I felt the 'careful crafting' was manifestly transparent and ill-judged, or am I too sensitive or cynical?

I posted this in a different context but I think shows the disconnect between what you rightly observe and the way He sees it and the virtual "national epic" trying to transform Him into a Beowulf type figure worthy of Viking folklore.

(my bold)

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
I think your quotes there imply that Obama said nothing to congratulate the troops and it was all about him which is unfair and in the interests of balance I attach a different quote from the same Obama speech you quoted from.

"Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

"We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.
With regard to the fact he says "I" a fair bit it's not surprising and I think perfectly justified as he is explaining events and he was the commander who made the ultimate decision to carry out the mission and was responsible for giving strategic direction to the intelligence community. Also in some of your posts you imply he didn't set the policy, what evidence do you have for that? I'm not a rabid supporter of him but I'm pretty skeptical of the claims of the US rightwing.

Alright I'll have a bash although I'll admit it's complicated. Well for a start the GOP in general. Then you've got the Tea Party types who as far as I understand it aren't really a homogeneous group but a collection of groups and individuals with widely varying aims united by a general dislike of paying tax and are terrified of "big government" (even if the that government is actually doing things for their benefit). There are a number of even more mental types like the "birthers" and full on militia types.

With regard to my use of it in my previous statement it may be better to substitute "those with anti-Obama sentiments" given that it's not necessarily just those on the right who dislike him.