Documentary tonight: Americas most hated family.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by B_G_L, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just lifted this off www.radiotimes.com I remember a thread about them on here not so long ago so thought it might be of intrest.

Louis Theroux: The Most Hated Family in America
    Highlight

Sunday 01 April
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    BBC2

Louis Theroux struggles to come to terms with the infamous Phelps family from Topeka, Kansas who picket the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq as a protest against an America that tolerates homosexuality. The family members wave slogans with messages such as 'God Hates Fags', 'Thank God for 9/11' and 'God Hates You' at pickets all over the States. The last documentary filmmaker to enter their world was so enamoured by the Phelps that he joined them. What does the future hold for Louis?

2. I'm grateful for TV pre-publicity like this, 'cos it tells me what to avoid. Thanks!!

3. I was aware of these people from the thread on here.
    If those people dying was an act of god and should be celebrated as all of gods acts are never wrong. I suggest picking members of the family off one by one and next to each body leaving a note that says; 'Celebrate! all acts of god are good'

4. I did see a nanosecond of a trailer for this and now I know it's definitely to be avoided.

There's nobody that deserves a drive-by shooting more than they do.

5. Watched this programme last night and I cannot believe that people like them haven't been slotted yet, esp in the US! To protest outside a military funeral is one thing; it's a totally different scenario when the rhetoric is so callous and misguided and is clearly on display only to seriously offend.

Worst bit was the blatant brain-washing of seven year olds, who had no idea what they were protesting about. If you didn't see, there were kids carrying signs like 'Troops Die, God Smiles' and 'Fag Troops' with cartoon scenes of gay sex acts on them. This poor kid got hit on the head by a drinks bottle that was thrown from a car and was lucky he wasn't seriously injured; I hope these people are ashamed of themselves.

It says somehthing about the military psyche that no US soldiers struck out as they walked passed the protests. I'm not sure if I could have resisted the chance to slug one in the gut, but good on the mil guys for biting their lip.

Unfortunately this whole programme highlighted some of the extreme groups that clearly manifest from the right-wing evagelical wing in the US. I would even go so far to say that we have more to fear from these sorts of nutters than your usual crew!

6. Ah, only in America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

The wisdom of Fred Phelps:

America: "A sodomite nation of flag-worshiping idolators."

"Military funerals are pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps to a fallen fool.."

Surprised nobody has slotted him.

7. Sounds about right :twisted:

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

The most hated family in America.:

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4169

I found this video the church, as well as this family disgusting!

Most States have passed laws to prevent such behavior, at military funerals.

9. They're a bit of a diversion - have they killed anyone? Can I suggest some less reviled, yet infinitely more dangerous folks? In fact, the death toll is unknown, and still rising.

The Bush family.

10. Bizarre, but thats the price you have to pay for the freedom of speech.

Were they trying to imply that all US forces are homosexual? I know it is allowed, but i didn't realise it was compulsory!