DOCUMENTARY IN THE LATE 80s

#1
Does anybody remember the documentary in the late 80s featuring the LI and the BW in Berlin. I remember it for I think it was the first time the Jocks on the ground were allowed to openly discuss and criticise the army whilst serving.

Another series I seem to remember was "In the highest tradition". I wonder if these are available anywhere.
 
#2
There was a 3 part series in the '90's by Molly Dineen featuring the Welsh Guards in NI.

I think it was called "In the Company of Men" or some such.

Anyone know if it's available in any format?

F_M
 
#3
yep i can recall the one about the LI iirc it was done in the aftermath of a PIRA attack that cost a lot of life's but i cannot recall it's name,i can recall the lads came out very well on screen but the officers did themself no favours at all.
this seems to becoming a bit of a habit i can recall the program but not the name,not long before someones feeding me and wiping my backside i fear!
 
#4
foxs_marine said:
There was a 3 part series in the '90's by Molly Dineen featuring the Welsh Guards in NI.

I think it was called "In the Company of Men" or some such.

Anyone know if it's available in any format?

F_M
I have found 2 torrents for this.

Jim
 
#5
Drumbox said:
Does anybody remember the documentary in the late 80s featuring the LI and the BW in Berlin. I remember it for I think it was the first time the Jocks on the ground were allowed to openly discuss and criticise the army whilst serving.

Another series I seem to remember was "In the highest tradition". I wonder if these are available anywhere.

yup...remember it well...sadly can't remember the name of it!

i particularly remember the guardroom scenes...good ole, bad ole days!!!
 
#6
The Sailor said:
foxs_marine said:
There was a 3 part series in the '90's by Molly Dineen featuring the Welsh Guards in NI.

I think it was called "In the Company of Men" or some such.

Anyone know if it's available in any format?

F_M
I have found 2 torrents for this.

Jim
Would you like to share those torrents?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top