Doctors on Strike

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mordical, Jun 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see the doctors are now going to go on strike. Will they be calling the army in again this time?
  2. 4 posts in 5 years and this is the best you can come up with!
  3. I cant see it doing any harm, since, statistically speaking, 89.6% of illnesses presented to GP's clear up of their own accord within 5 - 7 days.
  4. Bloody malingerers the lot of them!
  5. GP training for squaddies (or anyone else for that matter), repeat after me:

"Hmm, yes, I see your problem. Take 2 paracetamols 3 times a day for a fortnight. If it doesn't clear up, pop back in, OK? NEXT!"
  6. It's about content not quantity!
  7. I've had a dig around in the G10 stores in my loft and found a couple of first field dressings with rusty safety pins attached, I think I can still remember how to do a triangular bandage - we'll be fine!
  8. I'm in the process of getting my doctorate. From the university of Lagos. It'll be a tough 10 minutes but I think it'll be worthwhile.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Grubby flat cap wearing commies, send in the troop with tear gas and batons, the fucking cunts!
  10. "Just pop your clothes off and lay down there".

I think I could do that.
  11. It's not a walk out. They are to provide ‘urgent and emergency care only’.

The BMA has ruled out total withdrawal of labour and resolved that members will attend their usual workplace for that day for the times they would normally attend. This means that those doctors participating in the industrial action must turn up at their workplace. A doctor who decided to stay at home (if they would normally be expected in to work on that day) would be acting outside of the scope of the official industrial action. Their action would therefore be unlawful and they could be subject to disciplinary action. Doctors being at their workplace (albeit not doing elective work) will help to assure patient safety by making certain that enough doctors are available for urgent and emergency care if needed, and will promote solidarity by providing support for the doctors who cannot take action that day because they are on call or scheduled to undertake urgent or emergency duties.
  12. I'll gladly offer my services at the mammogram unit.

I won't have a clue what I'm doing, but I can guarantee that ladies that they'll never have a more thorough examination.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Are you sure you'd want to though?
  14. That would be the quickest way to make sure you never want to look at a breast again, the amount of fat, sweaty and smelly flesh you would be expected to manipulate. I'd give you half an hour before you come out retching.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
  15. ^. Could be worse. I want to know who the fuck puts their hand up to become a proctologist?

Mum Dad, when I grow up I want to be an arse doctor???