"Doctors and Nurses"

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
A lot of doctors in A&E are not long out of medical school. I have seen senior nurses giving some of them a hard time. A bit like a platoon Sgt with a wet behind the ears subbie just out of Sandhurst. I was always told that the worst time to end up as a patient in A&E is the second week in August as that is when the new doctors start, straight out of medical school.

I couldn't fault the docs in A&E, but I don't think it was them who wrote up the discharge report.

The "entourage" are often medical students having what is known as "bedside teaching" from the consultant.

Do they still ask what the bleedin' time is?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh yes forgot women don't have balls, they just have shoptilltheydrop syndrome.
And have always seen it bigger than your one.

Whereas blokes are better when it comes to sweeping generalisations. :)

Whereas blokes are better when it comes to sweeping generalisations. :)
No. Women are better at sweeping. And dusting. Quicker at washing up but it's all got to be done again so probably best to give them the tea towel. They're also faster at tidying up but that's a recipe for never finding your stuff again.

Generally...

My aunt always said that laughter was the best medicine, which probably explains why she was struck off.

Mind you, her husband always said to fight fire with fire, which explains that incident with the lit candle he was supposed to put out and the house burning down.

[I’m here all week, but for God's sake don’t try the veal. Really, I’m not bloody well joking about this. ]

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Been back to hossy for repeat bloods, and they've identified the cause of my troubles - campylobacter! So no more metronidazole (they've swapped it for a different ab) and no steroids for me!

Phew - might celebrate with one can tonight :boogie:

Norsemaid

Old-Salt
Been back to hossy for repeat bloods, and they've identified the cause of my troubles - campylobacter! So no more metronidazole (they've swapped it for a different ab) and no steroids for me!

Phew - might celebrate with one can tonight :boogie:
I was going to ask whether it was campylobacter a very nasty way of losing weight your description sounded very much like it was . Poor you .
Be careful with metronidazole even after you have finished it don't drink alchol for at least 48 hours after your last dose.
A dental friend of mine had a patient who was an alcoholic and decided to ignore the advice when on metronidazole spectacularly demonstrated the awful effect it had .
Obviously if it's more than 48 hours after your last dose ignore advice above and enjoy your drink .,

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I was going to ask whether it was campylobacter a very nasty way of losing weight your description sounded very much like it was . Poor you .
Be careful with metronidazole even after you have finished it don't drink alchol for at least 48 hours after your last dose.
A dental friend of mine had a patient who was an alcoholic and decided to ignore the advice when on metronidazole spectacularly demonstrated the awful effect it had .
Obviously if it's more than 48 hours after your last dose ignore advice above and enjoy your drink .,

Thanks for your kind wishes.

As to metronidazole and beer, I've tested the theory before, and I don't seem to be "hypersensitive" to it. That's cos I'm nails. Seriously though I'm being verrry careful.

Bottoms up. :-D

Thanks for your kind wishes.

As to metronidazole and beer, I've tested the theory before, and I don't seem to be "hypersensitive" to it. That's cos I'm nails. Seriously though I'm being verrry careful.

Bottoms up. :-D
BudweiserBudvarBeerMiniKeg_5L00_1024x1024.jpg

"One can"

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Another weird thing I've noticed since coming home on Wednesday is that I seem to have a heightened sense of smell. There was nothing wrong with it before, but now every smell seems twice as strong. What's that about !?

War Hero
Another weird thing I've noticed since coming home on Wednesday is that I seem to have a heightened sense of smell. There was nothing wrong with it before, but now every smell seems twice as strong. What's that about !?
Look up the side effects:
Rare

• Change in taste sensation

Latest Threads