doctoring in the army

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by treacle, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a year 3 medical student still thinking about applying for a cadetship in RAF or Army, I'd appreciate any first hand experience anyone could pass on to me to help me make my mind up. I have heard a lot about how staff shortages have impacted on morale/training etc and was wondering if this has been your experience? was also wondering how a partner fits into this, ie how long are tours and how often do you get sent on them, and is there any element of choice in where you are based? also wondered how different the experience is depending on which force you join? Thanks a lot.
  2. RAF sounds just the idea career move out of your two options, you could also consider what professes to be the senior service too. :help:
  3. Treacle,

Loads of threads asking similar questions on the forum already - have a quick search and I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions and some that you hadn't even thought about.

4. cheers sluice, know this must seem annoying to everyone else as there are loads of threads which are similar but have searched until blue in face but couldn't see any replies which actually give me the info am looking for
  5. Join the RN instead.
  6. Yeh join the navy and take your turn in the barrel! :cuddle: