Do you use your phone when you're driving?

[video=youtube;YQKAGn-NEXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKAGn-NEXA&feature=related[/video]

There's a couple of ads running on Danish TV at present as part of a campaign to cut the number of people who use mobiles etc. when they're driving.

In case you were wondering what it says at the end it's;

"What do you do when you're driving your car?"

"Read text messages......"

"Set your GPS........"

"Put on makeup....."

"Write text messages............."

"Talk on the phone..........."

And so on, ending with "drive your car when you're driving your car"

I must admit to talking on my mobile on occasion when I'm driving, but even so I'd definitely draw the line at texting!

How about the rest of ARRSE, are you all paragons of road safety virtue, or do you put a bag over your head too?

Cheers
T_T

Try driving on the I-95 corridor in the US...

Lost count of the number of times I've almost been run off the road by some dozy bint in a huge SUV, who's trying to email someone on her iPhone or post her status on Facebook!

Try driving on the I-95 corridor in the US...

Lost count of the number of times I've almost been run off the road by some dozy bint in a huge SUV, who's trying to email someone on her iPhone or post her status on Facebook!
Never ever use my phone whilst driving.

I have, however, been nearly taken out by BMW/Mondeo driving salesMEN yammering away on their phones whilst going 90mph on the motorway, or quizzing round a roundabout in the the wrong lane.

Anyone using a handheld phone whilst driving needs to have the offending instrument ballistically inserted up their bottom without lubricant..

Never ever use my phone whilst driving.

I have, however, been nearly taken out by BMW/Mondeo driving salesMEN yammering away on their phones whilst going 90mph on the motorway, or quizzing round a roundabout in the the wrong lane.
Well maybe you don't live on the I-95 corridor then, as I clearly stated...

I don't claim that men are blameless, but I have found a much higher prevalence of women using phones (talking/texting/surfing) over here, especially around town.

I don't claim that men are blameless, but I have found a much higher prevalence of women using phones (talking/texting/surfing) over here, especially around town.
Agreed, most offenders are ♀

I apologise for my sweeping generalisation. Merely reflecting my own experiences, as are you.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Almost as bad as people who take both hands of the wheel to try and light a fag.

Mind shining example last week as a bird in a cop car was swigging out of a Coke bottle whislt pottering along

The new Rules implemented in the UK recently are as follows:-
Anyone HOLDING a Mobile Phone whilst driving will incur a fine of £60 and earn 3 Penalty
Points on your License.....no question.
If you are using a Hands free device and the Police deem you are not in full and proper
control of your Vehicle, the same Penalty applies.
If the said Vehicle is a Company Veh. the Company who owns this Vehicle can be fined
up to a maximum of £2500, especially if it was them who called you!

Get ready, peeps, Sat-Navs will be next...good, ban the bastard things.

Yep loads of times before the Bluetooth or cradle, still smoke in the car, drink from a bottle even with a screw cap, eat sandwich, apple, chocolate bar. Change CD.

Suck it up you self righteous fxxkers.

Are you a professional driver?
Coz even if you are driving your car when caught using your mobile phone, you can be fined £1,000, 6 penalty points on your driving License and a two week ban from professional driving
This is the range of additional penalties that the Area Traffic Commissioners can and do hand out when made aware of a professional driver has been caught using Mobi at the wheel of their car
Area Traffic Commissioners?
Those are the guys [and a Gall] who license Hauliers to opperate on the highway. Every commercial Haulage Company in the UK is registered with one and some times more than one. They don't like professional drivers ignoring the law.

Coz even if you are driving your car when caught using your mobile phone, you can be fined £1,000, 6 penalty points on your driving License and a two week ban from professional driving
This is the range of additional penalties that the Area Traffic Commissioners can and do hand out when made aware of a professional driver has been caught using Mobi at the wheel of their car
Lot of 'you can's' in that doesn't happen in real life.

Did I mention Prof. Drivers?