Do you use ArmyNET? What do you want to see on it?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bits, May 10, 2005.

1. Yes, I use it regularly.

2. Yes, I use it occasionally.

3. No, Ive never tried to register.

4. No, I gave up trying to register due to problems.

5. No, I stopped using it.

6. No, I dont think Im eligible.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ArmyNET seems to be getting better, with more and more stuff appearing all the time. Their admin team do appear to read this site, so:

Why aren't you using it?

What resources would you like to see on there?

I for one would like to see far more documents becoming available online, cos it's virtually impossible to get a look at Mat Regs, DCIs or RAACs in my unit (just in case you actually claim allowances or bid for courses).
  2. I like the fact that i can see my pay statement, but would like to see them on there sooner and be able to look at back dated ones.

The ability to now see the promotion boards is also great for those who have no acces to the Intranet.

Now all i need to do is remember all of my log in questions. :D :D
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I agree that it is much, much better than it used to be so congratulations to the team for making such progress. Making this site work is hard enough without having to deal with all the normal army bureacracy as well!

More content and a better navigation system is the way forward I'd say. Full access to all restricted intranets would be a big, big plus.
  4. Yup, it's getting a lot better but, as Bits says, it would be further improved with more docs etc.
  5. I can see my previous statements as well as my current one. The link is on the left hand side on the red bar navigation - "Previous Statement". I use the same answer for all my questions - makes no difference as long as no one knows what the answer is - learnt that the hard way. :D

What has surprised me is how few units are using it to publish their unit information. Looking at the site all those units who are, or have been, in Iraq are the main users and are publishing stuff on there. Those back home are still not making best use of it. Internet access in barracks is a limiting factor. No doubt COs are not keen to give their blokes information out of barracks! :(
  6. Cheers for info, never noticed that before :D and have taken your advice on the log in questions.

cheers again :D
  7. Us old and bald can't use it, shame.
  8. Pay statement is the only thing I use it for, although that alone makes it worthwile in my humble opinion
  9. Yes is getting better but not sure about some of the docs that are being made available.
    A couple of clicks and I can get the seniority of all the officers in the signals and every signals staff distribution list.
  10. Woohoo! My life is complete.
    (ok :oops: I'm joking)