Do you think you can survive Covid 19 ?

Do you think you can survive Covid 19 ?

• No problem , I`m super fit with lungs like a rhino.

• I`m slightly worried , not sure if I`d make it ,

• It`ll kill me without a doubt.

• Probably not but not worried as I`m living on borrowed time and due to keel over soon anyway.

• Bring it on and lets get it done and dusted, not bothered either way.

• My boots are size 11 and I`ve spent that £10 I owe you.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you think you can survive Covid 19 ? , it must have crossed your minds , I think I stand a good chance but I dont want to put it to the test,

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
IMG_1717.jpg

First case to hit Falklands. Can imagine it spreading pretty quickly amongst the troops there. At least it shouldn`t be too difficult to find out who he/she has been in contact with.

First case to hit Falklands. Can imagine it spreading pretty quickly amongst the troops there. At least it shouldn`t be too difficult to find out who he/she has been in contact with.

Probably been in contact with the cruise ship passengers that landed who were then flown back to the UK out of Mount Pleasant, so maybe the coach driver who picked them up at the dock or a mover.

So I expect the cruise ship passengers are now back in the UK, it happened a couple of days ago

Archie

My missus had the whole loss of taste/smell thing before they were listing that as a possible symptom, so we might have had it already no idea for sure. She had that weeks before I felt poorly

I thought I had a normal winter bug, aching limbs, wouldn't notice loss of smell or taste as I don't have much anyway, but a streaming nose and intermittent cough with phlegm made me think I can't have had it, but my lungs have been a lot worse than normal trying to exercise outside so who knows

We've both got a lot of underlying health conditions, so it would be good to have had it and caught a mild dose of it, but perhaps that's wishful thinking?

Not worried about getting it, more worried that the missus might get rushed back into hospital if her gall bladder bursts, it's not the time to need an operation if you can help it right now

Can't worry too much though, it's rather out of our hands, just time to keep calm and keep the ex hamster busy

I am quite surprised my Dad has not succumbed. He's 90 on the 1st May, has Alzheimer's/dementia, so has no clue what is happening around him.
He has carer's coming in twice a day (they are also visiting several other people in the area) bloke comes once a week to deliver frozen meals, a neighbour comes in to give him lunch, and another neighbour comes in most days with bread, milk, whiskey, red wine and coffee as required. I really thought I would have had the call by now.
He has donated his body to medical science. Would they still want it given the circumstances?

I think I might have had it, but again who knows. I think trying to stay up and mobile is half the battle, again the media only let you know about the dark side. Rarely mentioned that the vast majority get mild symptoms. Never thought I'd be privvy to something such as this in my lifetime.

Slime

LE
Jury is still out here, don’t really care either way.

Old, but nice and clean flying boots :)

Every time you get a cough or a bit of a temperature, you think, "oh feck, is this it!"

TAFKA

Clanker
Appparentley it is a **** , and very painfull, and a bit scary.
Try not to get it and stay at home,

Last edited:

Did it miss Diane?
Damn, what do you mean there are no taxis?

Last edited:

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yippee another COVID 19 thread, thank you I kept looking for one

I'll let you know------------ hopefully.:cool:

Had a ropey 6 monyhs with my asthma reappearing and hitting me for six. So getting this could potentially be very bad for me. I've been ordered by my Boss to self isolate for my own safety and have been for 3 or so weeks now. Fingers crossed It'll pass me by for now. Same for my family as they are all in the at risk categories too.

Being in low population density areas should help though.

Have to admit, it's hitting home now though that there is a very good chance, through the whole 5 degrees of seperation, that someone I know, work with or such will possibly die. I only really know the people in my immediate team and some people int he office with regards to my work colleagues, but it would definitely imact us all if someone passed and many in the organisation are pushing into their senior years too. It's sobering.

Every time you get a cough or a bit of a temperature, you think, "oh feck, is this it!"
Had a bad dose of hayfever the other day and I will admit to having a twitchy arse moment.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It seems that health care professionals seem to get it but am fairly confident that I am experienced in using the PPE at work.

It's the bastards in the shops that will give it to me.

Maybe someone should ask if ARRSE will survive the rapid proliferation of Covid-19 threads?.

Bring back the Brexit threads!.

It seems that health care professionals seem to get it but am fairly confident that I am experienced in using the PPE at work.

It's the bastards in the shops that will give it to me.
I have been provided level 2 PPE from my ambulance service.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have been provided level 2 PPE from my ambulance service.
In terms of dentistry.
We have the PPE for none covid patients.

But are still waiting on disposable gowns and visors with foam at top so can't see any covid positive Patients

Latest Threads