DO YOU THINK WE ARE WRAPING TRAINEES IN COTTON WOOL ?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by kissass, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think that we are to soft. Thats why they are all gobby twats when they arrive to their working units. :x

2. You know what, no one's ever mentioned that before. You might be on to something.

3. How did you figure that one out kissas?

What can be done about it?

4. It wrapping some one in cotton wool tantermount to bullying?

I mean how can they breath? Surely if this is happening you should call someone.

5. This is true, but it stops them bruising...

6. Are you suggesting we should be wrapping our new recruits in something more porous in order to comply with health and safety law?

I was unaware of this new development, and can the new Material, Recruit Wrapping be ordered with an NSN?

7. Ooer missus, etc.

8. I believe that it comes as standard straight from the Recruit's manufacturer. Not sure how you replace once damaged.

9. You have to return the recruit to the manufacturer and he'll replace it. Thats until the contract expires in 2012 where we'll be charged an extortionate amount to renew it or be stuck with millions of recruits we have no one qualified to repair.

10. Rollmats work just as well.... or so I am told!

Litotes

12. Flick back 10/ 15 years, I'm sure our old det commanders/ sgts probably said something similar about us, old school keeps getting older.

Yeah the kids might seem gobbier and soft as pig poo, but I guess like everything else in the job these days, its just a reflection of civvy street as a whole, you can't blame it all on Blandford and Phase 1 training.

Instructors might have restrictions in 'Instructional and Disciplinary' methods to when the majority of the old gits on the Sigs forum seem to have gone thru , but I've also had some very good, willing to learn kids fresh from Blandford on my det and in my troop in the past, who on the whole aren't gobby gits unless they're full of drink (and then you show me a late teen/early 20 year old who isn't ).....

These 'Aren't the kids today sh1te ' threads never cease amaze in their lack of origionality.

Now where did I leave that mast hammer/ crew discipline tool :wink:

13. I good form of punishment is PT punishment. WE've all had some form of it at some point were we feel sick and want to pass out, and just want to die. Some call it a BPFA

14. I suppose bubble wrap would be good. It's actually a fun incentive towards physical assault. Everyone's a winner!