Do you think all the pikeys will move back to Wales?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They could have Aberystwyth as the capital of Republic of Pikeya

"…Plaid Cymru councillor Mark Strong said at Aberystwyth Town Council's meeting: "There's a long tradition of gypsies in mid and north Wales and they've done quite a bit for the culture over the centuries, so I think this is something we should strongly support."…"

Gypsy flag to fly above town promenade - Telegraph

2. They would blend in well with the local populus.

3. Suck my ******* balls

4. I thought Pikeys by definition were Irish, how the **** they swam across I don't know

5. Why dont we repair Offas Dyke and give Wales to the pikies- we could stick the TA and HSF (do they still exist!?) on the wall AND mint a new medal - "The Wall Service Medal"

6. Granted, I don't understand a word most of them say, and Wales has many town names in the same category as that, but we don't ******* want them. Send them to Ireland. :)

7. Why o ******* why do people keep using the word "culture" when referring to these *****?
    Is it some sort of attempt to normalise them?
    If y culture you mean shitting in hedges and thieving everything thats not nailed down then so be it.
    and how the **** are they welsh now?....Irish *****.

8. heard a van door the other day and stuck my head around from the back garden to see a white transit van parked in the lane and two blokes stood outside of it, one of whom was in my garden approaching the oil tank. They soon shifted when I called our pack of dogs. Amongst shouts in a strong Irish accent they bailed and the one who had been in the garden was hanging off the van door as it drove off, I laughed even harder when it clipped the earth wall of the lane and I heard him scream as he got caught in the door :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. My old mother...gawd bless her...used to say the way they talked...nay grunted...was called "canting"
    She was welsh speaking so it might have some meaning in welsh?...I don't know.

10. The Welsh have a language? Here's me thinking it was just them hawking phlegm up. Every day's a school day.

11. ]

Stick a lump of shit in a petrie dish and you will get 'culture' too.;P

12. I think its good that they go back to Wales, after all they are Celtic and as it sez in the song, "We,ll keep a welcome in the hillside etc etc", so off you go Pikeys, may the rise up to meet you......

13. Canting Dictionary Canting Dictionary, letter A

A Collection of the Canting Words and Terms, both ancient and modern, used by Beggars, Gypsies, Cheats, House-Breakers, Shop-Lifters, Foot-Pads, Highway-Men, &c;

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

"…Plaid Cymru councillor Mark Strong said at Aberystwyth Town Council's meeting: "There's a long tradition of gypsies in mid and north Wales and they've done quite a bit for the culture over the centuries, so I think this is something we should strongly support."…"

bet the cnut would change his tune sharpish if they rocked up next to his house, the thieving gypsy b*stards.

15. A gypsy flag eh? Anyone got any suggestions as to what sort of ancient and proud symbolism might be emblazoned on a pikey standard? I'll kick off with crossed crumbling driveways above the motto 'Bejesus it's Our Roight'.