Do you think a market crash is coming?

The price of fuel, food, services, tax and NI are all going up, but pay isn’t. People stop spending because they can’t afford to, I reckon we are due a crash soon. I know this for a fact because I’m an Internet know all

Gone2ratshat

Clanker
The price of fuel, food, services, tax and NI are all going up, but pay isn’t. People stop spending because they can’t afford to, I reckon we are due a crash soon. I know this for a fact because I’m an Internet know all
Thats it! if everyone on Arrse sends me *£10k I`ll buy a farm and we`ll cash in on food price rises , Arrse Acres or maybe Arrse Achers

If that buffoon Clarkson can do it so can we ,

*Investors will be expected to work a sixty hour week on the farm for no pay.

My *opinion* is I think a 5% drop is due. They have happened fairly frequently over the years, and the market has risen quickly recently. More so in the US, and if that drops, the UK market will drop. But what to do about it? Personally, I'm leaving what I've got invested and will add to it if the drop happens.
On a related note: I steer clear of Crypto, IPOs, etc. The chance of getting wiped out by those is too high. I just stick to a UK index tracker. Over the years it does alright. Vanguard's one has very low charges - probably the lowest around.

Tip#2 make sure you're using your ISA tax free allowance.

*Edited for spelling.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What's it fly like? How many hours on the clock. Asking for a friend.
He forgot to mention that said helicopter is a very small paper weight.
Here‘s a picture of it.

See, very very small.

My *opinion* is I think a 5% drop is due. They have happened fairly frequently over the years, and the market has risen quickly recently. More so in the US, and if that drops, the UK market will drop. But what to do about it? Personally, I'm leaving what I've got invested and will add to it if the drop happens.
On a related note: I steer clear of Crypto, IPOs, etc. The chance of getting wiped out by those is too high. I just stick to a UK index tracker. Over the years it does alright. Vanguard's one has very low charges - probably the lowest around.

Tip#2 make sure you're using your ISA tax free allowance.

*Edited for spelling.

You have to know what you are doing with Crypto. Your average punter loses money. Same with IPOs. It's all about risk and reward at the end of the day - you are taking a low risk approach.

RTU'd

LE
At the moment I've got £30k invested in stocks and shares and starting to worry a bit about the potential for a crash to wipe some of that out. I'm holding for the long term but just a bit jittery right now, what do people think?
What goes up must come down one day.
However suggest you but BitCoins/Gold or shares in a Funeral Directors as every will die one day?

kimmi851

War Hero
Crypto is going to have a fancy ride - the Chinese property market today went from Bad to Freefall (Evergrande Group). I think the banks are on the hook for a lot there. Either the Chinese will put their trust in crypto instead of banks, or they will need to remove all cash fast just to make up losses.

Crypto is going to have a fancy ride - the Chinese property market today went from Bad to Freefall (Evergrande Group). I think the banks are on the hook for a lot there. Either the Chinese will put their trust in crypto instead of banks, or they will need to remove all cash fast just to make up losses.

the world is marching towards something called blockchain, which is underpinned by crypto. If people want to understand where the world is heading from a currency perspective then I suggest they get on YouTube and watch some videos about the future (blockchain in other words) then you will understand why crypto is fundamental.

crypto is also inflation proof, which is one of the reasons governments are trying to control it, but they can’t. It is unstoppable. It is just a matter of time.

unicorn77

War Hero
When I was a pleb wot had to work, I finally gave in to my bank and attended one of their free financial consultations. The nice lady I saw asked me lots of questions about my finances, including details of my pension and my wifes attaching pension. I told her I was on for for a 2/3rds pension and my wife would get 2/3rds of that on my death, and as I had just given her my salary details she could go from there. But she was completely stumped. So I gave her a bit of a headstart and said 2/3rds of 2/3rds is 4/9ths. Still blank looks so I told her to put my salary on her calculator, times by 4, divide by 9. Which she did with some puzzlement and decided she couldn't accept it and had to work out my pension and my wifes pension separately. She was amazed when she got the same result and seemed to regard me as some sort of maths wizard.

At which point I switched off from anything she had to say (which was pushing the banks products) and decide never again to bother with such advice. In fact, I've never paid for any advice from anyone. Just used a bit of common sense and the financial pages of my Sunday paper. My portfolio has grown and grown, generally in line with the market, because I only pick well-known funds with a good track record. I once one £100 second prize from Hargreaves Lansdowne in one of their dummy portfolio games. I did it by choosing my best performing fund at the time and putting it in for 100% of my dummy portfolio for the entire period of the game. Beat a load of "experts".

If you put 6 financial "experts" in a room and asked them to come out with a prediction on interest rates or whatever, they would supply you with 7 different answers.

However, I do accept advice should be taken when you are dealing with anything like trusts or complex family arrangements, or maybe even IHT issues.

There is a lot of bolleaux being posted here sheathed with a thin veneer of buzzwords.

Crypto currency should NOT be viewed as anything other than a punt. If you cannot afford to lose the £ you put in, DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY.

Likewise, don't try and stockpick. You *may* get it right, but if you like equities, but an index tracker.

Don't try and time the markets - you can't.

Buy and hold, diversify, be prepared for rises as well as falls.

My Bro bought 5 grand of Rolls royce a year or so ago. He correctly predicted that when the planes started flying again the price would rise. it did and then he sold, a lot of poeple took the money and ran. He made eight hundred quid and the next morning bought his shares back. Winner for him.

I've started looking at buying gold with my disposable wealth.
I missed the chance back before Cyclops Brown spunked our gold reserves for peanuts and the price went through the roof.
Knowing my financial luck it'll tank 47 seconds after I buy a load.

Maybe I should take the advice shown on this very page.

Screenshot_2021-09-14-22-12-26-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

I've started looking at buying gold with my disposable wealth.
I missed the chance back before Cyclops Brown spunked our gold reserves for peanuts and the price went through the roof.
Knowing my financial luck it'll tank 47 seconds after I buy a load.

Maybe I should take the advice shown on this very page.

View attachment 604202

be very careful what you buy, who you buy it and who you buy it from.

Latest Threads