Do you remember the stomp

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by tripod, Apr 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering how many comrades remember the chathamstomp, i personally was a member of the stomp committee and have some scary memories of such fine females as "The Horse" "swallow" "sonny and her daughter" and others.
    Maybe members would like to share their experiences .
    It was a travesty that the stomp ceased on a wednesday evening.

2. i was never on stomp committee but i did end up on "canteen cowboy" a few times during my class 2

"right mate could you just drink up & be on your way?"......................."no"...................ok fair just thought i would ask 8O 8O 8O 8O

21 year old lance jack asking some old & bold full screws etc to leave the premises..........nah just was not going to happen was it :?: :?: :?: :?:

most of the women were lookers though..............................................NOT :!: :!: :!: :!:

3. which one , the Chattenden stomp with the RCT lesbo´s or the Chatam one with all the scary monsters , ? Anyway both were great

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sonny and her daughter ah yes her daughter was doing a sapper called paddy when I was on my inf B1. great times!

5. A quality night, i managed to get myself a job working behind the NAAFI bar on Wednesday nights, Funny as Fcuk watching all the blokes getting minging and trapping off with the pigs, great fun the next day seeing the blokes around camp and giving them the knowing look while trying to suppress the laughter.

Sparky

6. Them were the days :D

Brompton on a Wednesday, Chattenden on a Thursday, Penicillin on a Friday 8O

7. read into that what you will............................eh fella :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

8. It wasn't the Chatham stomp in my day, it was the Brompton Stomp......

9. Isn't the stomp supposed to be like the 60's. If you remember you weren't really there!! :wink:

10. Got my first Engineer in the stomp as i was a sprog at chepstow at the time down doing a bit of concreting for the week, and the A2 course decided we needed to experiance the real world. Did me the world of good

11. remember always saying "never again" every thursday morning...................... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I always seem to remember struggling to get back to camp in the morning!

13. tell us about it ........................................STUD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

On my six week B1 I didnt go out at all during the first week till the Brompton stomp when there was a power cut and we all ended up in the two sawyers. Only spent 1 night in my own bed after that! It was 84 and we were still outnumbered by women back then!
    I've been back since and its not up to scratch anymore!
    To be honest Knocker you didnt need to be a stud, just young and back in England for the first time in a couple of years in such a cess pit of morals. Fantastic!

15. first time i ended up at brompton was 86 so i know where you are coming from my friend.............any port in a storm & all them other old cliches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: