Do you reckon this email offering me a job is a scam

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by 17THSEPTEMBER1944, Sep 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Miss M.Lorens (davidaction47@gmail.com)09:12 To:XXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: 07 September 2013 09:12:05
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks.

Dear XXXXXXX, We have selected your CV from jobsite.co.uk. We are pleased to extend an offer to join Work Action Ltd as a F.S.A.. The compensation for the position includes 27600 on annual base salary; 8% commission for each complete transaction. Job description for Financial Support Agent.: You'll be submitting and receiving funds from our clients, insuring that every transaction executed in timely manner. The offer is contingent on a successful background check. In addition, you will be required to register in our online system. Please let me know if you have any questions, I will gladly guide through the registrations process.

Regards,
    Miss M.Lorens
    Recruitment Manager

2. No..

If you look closely you'll see that 'Miss M Laurens Recruitment Manager' is an anagram of 'The busload of nurses arrives on Friday'...

• Like Like x 8
  3. I went for an interview a week ago with a recruitment agency called Staffmark. That afternoon, I was offered the job, the recruiter then explained that there was training involved, fair enough thought I, he explained that there were 5 modules to complete with an exam at the end of each and that the cost was £52 each exam, so a total of £260, explained that I'd be taking that to the Jobcentre to see if they'd help out so could they send me more details via email, since then not a dicky bird! Searched for Staffmark in Companies House, no sign, they don't seem to answer any calls made to their landlines or email.

4. My mrs went to a similar scam in manchester, for mortgage/financial advisers, they were catching naive young jobseekers to the tune of thousands for worthless training and no job guarantee. They were creating the loan for the course, everything.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Essentially this is money laundering - if the OB catch up with the scam you'll be the one down at the station answering questions and the principals who hired you will be nowhere to be seen.

6. bullshit!

7. My outlook on job hunting is fairly simple, don't use recruitment agencies because they are shite.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FB - I've applied for a job at Acer putting the reset holes in the back of laptops. I'd never have known about it if it wasn't for you so owe you one.

9. Seems legit to me. They're hardly asking for anything, are they? Dunno why you're fretting, online security is notoriously shit.

10. ..I reckon Elliott Smith was murdered by his lass...

11. Either/Or, dead all the same.

12. I see what you did there..

• Like Like x 1
  13. She is certainly foreign- so she could be hot. Perhaps a 6ft Ukranian ex- stripper in high heels and a short, tight skirt.... with 'librarian' specs...

It seems a bit too good to be true, so it probably is. The bit about receiving and sending funds catches my alarm bells.
    But no harm in asking for further details I imagine. Having said that I wouldn't be keen to give out any details on a background check.

14. Its a scam....i got the same but as i was bored out here in KAF ive been playing with them for past few weeks.........

In regards to your recent application for the post of Financial Support Agent with EFFECTIVE CAPITAL TRADING LTD. You've shown interest but I have not heard from you for a while.

This job requires to be available from Monday till Friday at 9 to 11 am. It is possible to work afternoons, however all transactions must be completed within 2 hours on the same day you receive the task. Your main job would be monitoring your on-line Task Manager, which you'll create on our site. Once the funds enter your account, your supervisor will notify you and assign you your task for the day. At this point you would go to your bank, withdraw funds and transfer them using Western Union or Money Gram branches as instructed by your supervisor. During the probation period you will only receive 2 to 3 transactions per week. Every task is followed by an invoice with our company's seal. You would always be aware of where the funds are coming from and where they are to be transferred to.

Basic Financial Support Agent Duties:

1) Monitoring your online Task Manager Account;
    2) Transferring company funds to the assigned destinations;
    3) Organizing all documentation for completed transfers.

You don't have to spend your own money to get started or at any point of the employment. All fees are paid by the company. You will be receiving commission 8 that should be deducted from the money received, 3 would be used to pay for Western Union or Money Gram and 5 from each task will be yours to keep. Once you are employed on the regular basis, you will receive a bank account through the company and you will be able to work with larger amounts of funds, 10k or more, and you should be able to make 3,000 pounds per month easily.

15. This is the scam. One variation is, They do actually transfer money in and you do a few Westen Union transfers. The amounts get larger and larger over time, then one day they tell you that the funds are being delayed for a few days but ask you to withdraw your own cash and transfer that in lieu of their funds arriving. Of course they never arrive and you relise you've just wired a whole stack of your dosh to some stranger on the web.

The other variation of this, is where there's some way where you can see the funds, but there not actually in the account. Somehow, I can't recall how, but you withdraw the funds thinking they're there's but they're in fact yours. Once the funds have been wired, they canx the transfer their end and Hey Presto!, you wired away your hard earned