Do you love a Pasty???

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by commzmeanzbombz, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

As a lover of the Cornish pasty I was very excited to find out that "The West Cornwall Pasty Company" is now offering a 20% discount to the Armed Forces!

I know there is a branch in Salisbury but I don’t know the exact locations of the other ones but they are based mainly down south.

They are bloody lovely but a bit expensive compared to the other popular bakeries so a 20% discount might make them easier to swallow! (See what I did there :D )

Enjoy and honestly there’s no need to thank me,

Commz

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Every railway station and then some!

3. there's one in Cambridge, just off the market square, and I think there's one in Winchester near the funny memorial thing on the pedestrisan bit......

Not that I'd know like......

4. No outlets in Cornwall?Ivor Dewdney every time for me.

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Winchester High Street - near the cross

Southampton city centre - West Quay

Their steak pasty is proper job - unlike the Ginsters abomination.....
    (stone the heretics!)

' Lord Coverack '

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Barnecutts in Wadebridge for me, none better!

7. Their website is one of the best I have seen. Unfortunately, their oggies are not available any further south and west than Salisbury(Wilts) and Wells(Zummerzet).

8. You cant beat a philps pasty. They are without doubt the best in Cornwall

9. There's a branch which is almost a restaurant on the King's Road. Handy for some ballast before a post NAM booze up...

10. Interesting Website. If you're an Emmett.

Not for me. I much prefer the one's from Lavenders in Penzance.

11. Cambridge eh? The chance to sit by the Cam and oogle young and naive femme-fatale student types, desperate to impress their independence and maturity on the world by overindulging on vodka shots and sleeping with random men.

And to think, all I have to do is eat my way through 57 pasties each day to finance my perversion (based on the assumption that each pasty costs around £2.00 with a 20% discount of 40p per pasty, using Private Car Rate MMA of 25.0p per mile, covering a total distance of 90 miles)

But I do love (to smash) a good pasty.

12. Wrong Forum Commz, try the RLC one, it'll have more takers :D

13. I shall be in the vicinity of Newquay, Cornwall in June.
    Does anyone know of any particularly outstanding good pasty shops in the area?

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As stated before, both the Barnecutt brothers bakeries are worth visiting. There is a branch in oh hell look it up yourself, they're everywhere!