Do you love a Pasty???

Hi All,

As a lover of the Cornish pasty I was very excited to find out that "The West Cornwall Pasty Company" is now offering a 20% discount to the Armed Forces!

I know there is a branch in Salisbury but I don’t know the exact locations of the other ones but they are based mainly down south.

They are bloody lovely but a bit expensive compared to the other popular bakeries so a 20% discount might make them easier to swallow! (See what I did there :D )

Enjoy and honestly there’s no need to thank me,

Commz

ugly

LE
Every railway station and then some!

there's one in Cambridge, just off the market square, and I think there's one in Winchester near the funny memorial thing on the pedestrisan bit......

Not that I'd know like......

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
commzmeanzbombz said:
Hi All,

As a lover of the Cornish pasty I was very excited to find out that "The West Cornwall Pasty Company" is now offering a 20% discount to the Armed Forces!

I know there is a branch in Salisbury but I don’t know the exact locations of the other ones but they are based mainly down south.
Winchester High Street - near the cross

Southampton city centre - West Quay

Their steak pasty is proper job - unlike the Ginsters abomination.....
(stone the heretics!)

' Lord Coverack '

ugly

LE
Barnecutts in Wadebridge for me, none better!

Their website is one of the best I have seen. Unfortunately, their oggies are not available any further south and west than Salisbury(Wilts) and Wells(Zummerzet).

You cant beat a philps pasty. They are without doubt the best in Cornwall

There's a branch which is almost a restaurant on the King's Road. Handy for some ballast before a post NAM booze up...

Cambridge eh? The chance to sit by the Cam and oogle young and naive femme-fatale student types, desperate to impress their independence and maturity on the world by overindulging on vodka shots and sleeping with random men.

And to think, all I have to do is eat my way through 57 pasties each day to finance my perversion (based on the assumption that each pasty costs around £2.00 with a 20% discount of 40p per pasty, using Private Car Rate MMA of 25.0p per mile, covering a total distance of 90 miles)

But I do love (to smash) a good pasty.

commzmeanzbombz said:
Hi All,

They are bloody lovely but a bit expensive compared to the other popular bakeries so a 20% discount might make them easier to swallow! (See what I did there :D )

Enjoy and honestly there’s no need to thank me,

Commz
Wrong Forum Commz, try the RLC one, it'll have more takers :D

I shall be in the vicinity of Newquay, Cornwall in June.
Does anyone know of any particularly outstanding good pasty shops in the area?

ugly

LE
As stated before, both the Barnecutt brothers bakeries are worth visiting. There is a branch in oh hell look it up yourself, they're everywhere!

JesterRIP said:
Cambridge eh? The chance to sit by the Cam and oogle young and naive femme-fatale student types, desperate to impress their independence and maturity on the world by overindulging on vodka shots and sleeping with random men.

And to think, all I have to do is eat my way through 57 pasties each day to finance my perversion (based on the assumption that each pasty costs around £2.00 with a 20% discount of 40p per pasty, using Private Car Rate MMA of 25.0p per mile, covering a total distance of 90 miles)

But I do love (to smash) a good pasty.
If you paid £2.00 for a pasty from said franchise, you would be getting a discount of about 70%. They are jolly nice, but flipping expensive.

Oh, and your pasty would be cold by the time you got it from the Market Square in Cambridge to go and letch by the river. Unless you put it in your pocket. Which is what I am reliably informed you smell like. A Cornish Pasty that has been in someones pocket for a few hours. :D

The_Snail said:
Oh, and your pasty would be cold by the time you got it from the Market Square in Cambridge to go and letch by the river. Unless you put it in your pocket. Which is what I am reliably informed you smell like. A Cornish Pasty that has been in someones pocket for a few hours. :D
After troughing 57 pasties, one can expect to secrete a certain amount of pasty odour come the 'meat sweats' - much like after troughing red-hot curries can influence the taste of one's man-goo (so I am also 'reliably' informed *koff*).

But if the pasty in question had been sat in Fugly's 'skiffing' pocket ...well then I'd be worried. To the point I'd consider inviting you over to conduct the necessary sniff test :D

The_Snail said:
Which is what I am reliably informed you smell like. A Cornish Pasty that has been in someones pocket for a few hours. :D
As opposed to her good self which smells of 10 day old haddock marinaded in pink wine before being stuffed with aged Camembert and drumstick lollies!!

A1PLT said:
You cant beat a philps pasty. They are without doubt the best in Cornwall
Nah butchers near the viaduct is better in my opinion, if we are indeed talking about Hayle.