Do you like your child's partner?

My MiL hated my guts with a passion and tried to sabotage my relationship with her daughter in very elaborate ways.
I've been married to the love of my life for 38 years....MiL is dead.......I think I won.
On our wedding day 39 years ago, Mrs Daves father said "you know, it's not too late to change your mind".

39 bloody years.......sometimes I wish she had changed her mind :)

That's what people say when it's really New Addington.
No. They tend to say that they live in West Wickham (my neck of the woods). Biggin Hill doesn't exactly have too many council houses mate.

That's what people say when it's really New Addington.
Do you know what. Fuck off you bunch of wánkers. You've actually got me defending my daughter's bloody b/f here.
Wankers. The lot of you.:)

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I haven't got any kids yet but my girlfriend's old man keeps pestering me. He's ex army, balding and has a beer belly. I've been with his daughter about six months now after she split with her ex, she's a right goer though and loves it up the gary so I'm smashing it.

I met her old man and his missus for dinner yesterday and whilst I tried to make poilite conversation they just grunted short replies and kept staring at me the whole time, a right bunch or weirdos. I think they might have a touch of the window licker.
I wonder what his arrse username is !!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
When junior daughter told me she was getting married to her boyfriend she asked me if I approved. Told her it didn't matter what I thought of the penniless, scruffy, jack-the-lad tow bar fitter, she would do as she wanted anyway. Twelve years later they're still together and he's still a penniless, scruffy jack-the-lad, but he has his own pub!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
When junior daughter told me she was getting married to her boyfriend she asked me if I approved. Told her it didn't matter what I thought of the penniless, scruffy, jack-the-lad tow bar fitter, she would do as she wanted anyway. Twelve years later they're still together and he's still a penniless, scruffy jack-the-lad, but he has his own pub!!
Some would call that a bit of a result.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A posh part of northern kent. Biggin Hill.
Ah, but is it at the bottom of the hill or the top?

Perhaps it's across the valley to that other place?

And not the Farnborough/Bromley end I hope.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
About 8 years ago my in-laws were staying with us in Catterick. My FiL, who thinks just about everything after 1953 is bad, was trying to teach my very young daughter the original version of eeny meeny miny mo. When my OH remonstrated with him about using the N word he went off on one about how it was what he was taught and therefore right. I leaned forward and said 'as long as you are under my roof you'll do as you are told'. He shut up.

As good looking as what he is, he still doesn't do it for me mate.
You aren't doing it for you, you are doing it for your daughter. Man up and think of her.

.....................Oh wait, that might be wrong as well.

Can't see the problem anyway, he's not a Scouser.

About 8 years ago my in-laws were staying with us in Catterick. My FiL, who thinks just about everything after 1953 is bad, was trying to teach my very young daughter the original version of eeny meeny miny mo. When my OH remonstrated with him about using the N word he went off on one about how it was what he was taught and therefore right. I leaned forward and said 'as long as you are under my roof you'll do as you are told'. He shut up.
Quick thread aside, what is the new word?
31 year ex-pat here.

I have already told my teenage daughter that any man she brings home will never be good enough.

I have sufficient land to make a couple of hundred boyfriends disappear.

Son No1MkIGS married some daft bint on the basis that she had big norks (wonderbra) and long blonde hair (Clairol or summat) who is an utter nighmare.

Lazy, feckless, spoilt, and thick as mince.

Had a "difficult" chat with him recently in which he made it clear that he wanted to ditch the bitch but was concerned how this manifestation of "failure" would reflect on him - male pride can be somewhat caustic methinks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ulster_Rifleman Miscellaneous Jokes 0
Ulster_Rifleman Miscellaneous Jokes 0
T Miscellaneous Jokes 0