do you know whos in the rover?

#1
ok, so your trundling along the motorway in your civvy car when u spot a military vehicle/convoy ahead.
is it just me or does everyone deliberately pass slowly and peer in to see if they know the driver?
 
#2
I thought SOPs were to slow down to convoy speed, stare across until you've attracted the attention of the driver, then put your foot down.

Breathe my fumes, sucker!
 
#3
Does anyone try to undertake the convoy on the 'ard shoulder to see if they know the vehicle commander?

on a more serious note, this is possibly the dullest post ever, ever! A possible contender for the arrse hole?
However ill let you off as you have posted it in the sigs forum!
 
#4
on range days i used to travel in the back of the rover and to help pass the time i would go through all the ammo prior to issue looking for my name on it
 
#5
The_Rattler said:
on range days i used to travel in the back of the rover and to help pass the time i would go through all the ammo prior to issue looking for my name on it
On a similar note i used to go through all the ammo etching the names of the fockers who were going to piss me off most that day on them.
 
#6
copey said:
ok, so your trundling along the motorway in your civvy car when u spot a military vehicle/convoy ahead.
is it just me or does everyone deliberately pass slowly and peer in to see if they know the driver?
No not at all actually :roll:

Although I tend to chuckle if it is a weekend, as I am thankful that it is not me :idea:
 
#7
GINandSHEARS said:
Does anyone try to undertake the convoy on the 'ard shoulder to see if they know the vehicle commander?

on a more serious note, this is possibly the dullest post ever, ever! A possible contender for the arrse hole?
However ill let you off as you have posted it in the sigs forum!
The dullest post ever eh?? You with your 3 weeks worth of ARRSE experience!

You're too generous!
 
#9
smudge67 said:
GINandSHEARS said:
Does anyone try to undertake the convoy on the 'ard shoulder to see if they know the vehicle commander?

on a more serious note, this is possibly the dullest post ever, ever! A possible contender for the arrse hole?
However ill let you off as you have posted it in the sigs forum!
The dullest post ever eh?? You with your 3 weeks worth of ARRSE experience!

You're too generous!
Too true. The boring cnut'll probably start a thread about arrse calendars or something next!
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#10
Never was a scaley and been out for 20 years now but still look just in case, always seems to be scaleys too!
 
#11
FiveAlpha said:
smudge67 said:
GINandSHEARS said:
Does anyone try to undertake the convoy on the 'ard shoulder to see if they know the vehicle commander?

on a more serious note, this is possibly the dullest post ever, ever! A possible contender for the arrse hole?
However ill let you off as you have posted it in the sigs forum!
The dullest post ever eh?? You with your 3 weeks worth of ARRSE experience!

You're too generous!
Too true. The boring cnut'll probably start a thread about arrse calendars or something next!
maybe you ladies are right... if only i could produce the brilliant input you both do :roll:
 
#12
copey said:
ok, so your trundling along the motorway in your civvy car when u spot a military vehicle/convoy ahead.
is it just me or does everyone deliberately pass slowly and peer in to see if they know the driver?
I did just that yesterday :lol: , who was going up the A1 by Catterick I know there was Light Guns so obviously Arty but also saw lots of Sigs wagons. :?

One thing that niggles is why do they fill up on the A1 petrol station just before Marne Bks and not go through the POL point :?
 
#13
Spanish_Dave said:
copey said:
ok, so your trundling along the motorway in your civvy car when u spot a military vehicle/convoy ahead.
is it just me or does everyone deliberately pass slowly and peer in to see if they know the driver?
I did just that yesterday :lol: , who was going up the A1 by Catterick I know there was Light Guns so obviously Arty but also saw lots of Sigs wagons. :?

One thing that niggles is why do they fill up on the A1 petrol station just before Marne Bks and not go through the POL point :?
boring i know but used to be based there at marne barracks, they wont let you use the POL point as its not on ly arty but tank transporters there, and there not allowed to let it run down or run out of fuel because of this, hence they make you use an agency card.
used to have to fill up on the a1 even though we were based there :D. boring point i know ill now take me head for a shit
 
#14
exdropshort said:
boring point i know
But by the standards of this thread, absolutely fascinating.

msr
 
#16
More to the point..has anyone ever seen a RR truck on an English motorway, fuked if I have and Im a spotter
15GT64 one of the first MK radio relay trucks issued in BAOR and it was all mine, I did miss the old RL with its state of the art windsreen scratchers and under bonnet heating system
 
#17
If it a late on a friday night. Its probably a stab.
 
#18
I'm wondering, if It was someone that you recognised - What would you do?

Shout and scream hopeing the driver hears you?

Call his mobile number and hope it hasn't changed since you last saw him in 2003?

Think "ahh, I know him" and carry on your way.

Or just batter your car into the side of his veh to get his attention?

Genuinely curious, it may even lighten this thread up... but not likely 8O
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#19
If I ever recognised Copey I would have to stop the cnut and remind him of the 70 marks (plus 13 years interest) the cnut owes me from an ex in '95.

Pikey fukcer.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top