Do you know where your money is going?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Thud, Dec 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently Mrs Thud returned from a patch function in a high state of amusement. At said function the spouses were enthusing over their latest, trendy, acquisition - the Jamie Oliver Antipasti Shelf
    No wonder the guy's loaded if this is the pap that he puts his name to - I've seen better put together in a first year technology class.

However the amazement did not stop there. In the process of searching for above item to see what on earth Mrs Thud was talking about I came across this

Words fail me! However a new business opportunity has struck me and I shall be heading down to the nearest lumber yard for a piece of well seasoned oak planking (with bark) to then cut up for sale. I'm certain I can undercut Mr Oliver's price of £45!

Has no one heard of the Emperor's New Clothes
  2. I expect if she was spending her own hard earned money like some of us have to... this would have been met with the derision it deserves
  3. Fortunately Mrs Thud does earn her own money - and knows when someone else is being scammed.
  4. Thud,

You might have a quick check of the thread title - and carry out a small edit. I was intrigued onto the thread because the title didn't make sense.

Having now looked at the post I agree that there is money to be made here. It is a bit like the Pampered Chef stone for putting your pizza on top of in the oven - a snip at £30.

5. I watch aghast during the Great British Menu, in awe at what they may choose to serve food on next; slate, plank, bit of glass! I confidently await soup served in a lavatory bowl...
  6. Has no one heard of the Emperor's New Clothes[/quote]

You are quite right, complete pretentious bollox for 4kin idiots………… robbing gits! 8O
  7. my storeroom is full of American oak at 3cm thick anyone interested in purchasing?