Do you know this bloke

Discussion in 'RAC' started by BigRed, Sep 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like its just the seller thats published it on the web not the guy to which it was awarded. What a prick.

2. Agreed if you can interogate ebay to find out the seller "steveo" is not the guy in the letter Mr S Walker. However point remains, still wouldn't want him to get unsavoury mail due to recieving medal at home address.

3. At a guess I would say 1RTR. ;]

4. Probably only got it last week! :D

5. It's his medal ok. Judging by his spelling he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it seems strange that he'd sell his own campaign medal?

It's not really a collector's item anyway - too many issued. In a couple of years there'll be thousands of them on the marketplace.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

GDav - take a look at the rest of the things that this chap is selling, star wars toys etc.

He is obviously short of dosh & the medal may have been the only easy sale of real value. Not to mention that he sounds somewhat disaffected.

That being said he was offered £275 for it which is probably at least 3 times its value, and had a buy now price of £400!

7. I didn't look at the other things mate but I see your point entirely. Looks like he's on right hard times and could be a bit freaky.

8. [align=center]could be one of those guys who really resents what he did on optelic1...wants to forget what he did..rather than throw medal away...sell to try and make money...lets face it none of us are going to be minted when we leave the army...[/align]

9. Seems a bit off an idiot for displaying Name Rank and No along with home address.