Do you know corporal Nigel Hounslow

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Goku, Jul 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As has been discussed in an earlier thread

Corporal Hounslow had been given an unfair £500 fine for defending his property against chavs.
    Some of us have said that we would like to make a contribution to his fine.
    I have spoken to Good CO about using Arrse to collect donations for Nigel and Good CO is happy for us to use the Arrse shop.

The only thing we need to get started is a way to contact Nigel, obviously there is no point in collecting for him if we can’t give him the proceeds.

So here is where the good people of Arrse come in.

If anyone knows Nigel Hounslows phone number, address, or email address then could you PM me with the details so we can get in contact with him.

Help a fellow soldier out guys, its for a good cause.

GCO would prefer it if you spoke to Nigel first, then gave his details out with his permission!
  2. Is it worth trying to contact him through a local paper?
    Tried BT on-line - no joy.

3. Holbury, Hampshire. But not in phone book. As a last resort if we can't get his details I'll try phoning the pubs in that area or something, someone there will know him.
  4. Local British leigon might help, if we tell them why we are looking.
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Hmmm. Suspicious.

Happy to be proved wrong, but just did a quick Google/NewsNow/Reuters search and either The Mirror is the only paper in THE WORLD to pick up on this (no other websites/news sites/broadcast media) or it's a wee bit of journo Walt-ism..

Bit suss when the local papers don't cover it.

6. Well it’s not exactly a big news story, could be that it’s simply not important enough to make the papers and only one news sight could be bothered to write about it.

You raise a good point but there’s no harm in looking into it and trying to help the guy out.
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Agree totally, Goku. That's why I did the search, to try and get contact details for him.

Just thought it may have been worth a mention in the local media. More than happy to donate if true though.
  8. I only get the Mail and this story was in the Mail or Mail on Sunday over the weekend - ex REME working on the trains now apparently.
  9. Do you still have the article or remember which train company he works for (probably Conex South Central)
  10. Papers at home and Murielson at work - will post details later. Maybe have a journo e-mail address so can contact direct for info.
  11. I’ve already email the mirror, I’m still waiting for a reply

When entering "N Hounslow" and "Holbury" it does pull up a result, but I'm not registered and can't affored to be. Anyone else?