Do you have to be a trained para to be in the SAS ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JK_Easy, Sep 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Easy lads..

just wondering, and intersted.

If chosen for SAS selection, and you are successful do you have to undergo a 3 week parachute course? before joining the unit?

Is it a must, that you can parachute in order to be in the SAS? or could you remain a boot troop for amphibious operations etc etc?
  2. Repeat after me.......I.......must......not........ask.......bone.......questions!

And repeat :)
  3. Wah? ok I'll bite.

All hooligans are parachute qualified. If you're serious check out their website ( I take it you're interested in UKSF reserves because if you're a regular you'd already have at least half a clue.)
  4. You won't have too as you've already failed selection for asking such a knob question.
  5. It'd be one hell of a boot if you could run amphibious operations from it.
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He hasn't even joined yet. AND he's scared of heights FFS.

Personal opinion. You will make a good civvy.
  7. Just asking, ****.

anyways, cheers for the info.
  8. 49 Para boots are able to support amphibious, airborne and mountain operations using a special multi-tool set into the heel.
  9. No im not scared of heights :S i was just curious on how hight the paras obstacle course was.

Everyone starts somewhere.
  10. is it possible to be 'in' P Coy?
  11. thats just nasty.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If you don't get in to the usual suspects, try 33 SAS. They are were you go if you are succesful during selection and have completed the 49 para course too (with wings and upturned daggers). :D
  13. Which bit of special AIR service gave it away? Your on the ball.
  14. The FANY version of the boot is pink and has a corkscrew in the stiletto heel 8)
  15. And can double as a champagne flute when you can't find the appropriate glassware in the 10-(wo)man rat-pack? :p