Do you have to be a trained para to be in the SAS ?

Easy lads..

just wondering, and intersted.

If chosen for SAS selection, and you are successful do you have to undergo a 3 week parachute course? before joining the unit?

Is it a must, that you can parachute in order to be in the SAS? or could you remain a boot troop for amphibious operations etc etc?

Wah? ok I'll bite.

All hooligans are parachute qualified. If you're serious check out their website ( I take it you're interested in UKSF reserves because if you're a regular you'd already have at least half a clue.)

JK_Easy said:
Easy lads..

just wondering, and intersted.

If chosen for SAS selection, and you are successful do you have to undergo a 3 week parachute course? before joining the unit?

Is it a must, that you can parachute in order to be in the SAS? or could you remain a boot troop for amphibious operations etc etc?
You won't have too as you've already failed selection for asking such a knob question.

oldbaldy

LE
He hasn't even joined yet. AND he's scared of heights FFS.

50/50 decision here..

the only thing thats stopping me from applying for the paras is the high obstacle course, it daunts me!

i'm not generally scared of hights.. not attall! and im buzzin about applying.. i just don't want to make a fool out of myself.

Anyone here in p company? please give us a bit of confidence, a bit on the inside..

Just a bit more information about it.. cheers!
Personal opinion. You will make a good civvy.

jimmys_best_mate said:
JK_Easy said:
It'd be one hell of a boot if you could run amphibious operations from it.
49 Para boots are able to support amphibious, airborne and mountain operations using a special multi-tool set into the heel.

oldbaldy said:
He hasn't even joined yet. AND he's scared of heights FFS.

50/50 decision here..

the only thing thats stopping me from applying for the paras is the high obstacle course, it daunts me!

i'm not generally scared of hights.. not attall! and im buzzin about applying.. i just don't want to make a fool out of myself.

Anyone here in p company? please give us a bit of confidence, a bit on the inside..

Just a bit more information about it.. cheers!
Personal opinion. You will make a good civvy.
No im not scared of heights :S i was just curious on how hight the paras obstacle course was.

Everyone starts somewhere.

Bat_Crab said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
JK_Easy said:
49 Para boots are able to support amphibious, airborne and mountain operations using a special multi-tool set into the heel.
thats just nasty.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Bat_Crab said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
JK_Easy said:
If you don't get in to the usual suspects, try 33 SAS. They are were you go if you are succesful during selection and have completed the 49 para course too (with wings and upturned daggers). :D

Bat_Crab said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
JK_Easy said:
The FANY version of the boot is pink and has a corkscrew in the stiletto heel 8)

Bat_Crab said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
JK_Easy said:
They also incorporate a compass in the heel and the sole has a variety of animal tracks moulded in relief upon it. This ensures that 49 PARA forces can make their escape by concealing their tracks with a set - which instead of looking like soldier prints - appear to be the tracks of a band of one-legged woodland pals out for a bracing country hop.