• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Do you have confidence in Airport Security?

On a serious note (and answering the said question) I'm quite happy with airport security. The day I'm not is the day that some bastad's got through security with some ingenious explosive malarkey which goes "bang" and spreads me and another 230 people's insides all over the map. Then I'll be most unhappy!

Should have stuck him in the back of a van and gone through Dover - French immigration is incredibly lax there, usually just wave your passports and drive through. Coming back, though, is a different matter.

Airport Security is pretty tight.

But there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of unpoliced marinas & ports. I've sailed from country to country, and never once have I had to present a passport.

So that's the route I would go if I wanted to smuggle or do anything dodgy!

Airport security is tight - but shockingly ineffective. Several years ago I flew through Gatwick Airport and swabs were taken of the inside of my carry-on bag for testing with the mass spectrometer doohicky.

The results came back as clean, which was a surprising relief since I'd been using the bag on a shoot the day before, where it had been holding several dozen 12-gauge carts and you could SEE flecks of guncotton and residue from fired carts on the swabs.........

Ho hum, at least it looks like they're doing something :)

If you think the UK is bad get a load of this. Went from Kuwait to Bahrain last week. Every single person on the flight loked like a suicide bomber/terrorist so you would think they would at least try. I went through the scanners with enough metal on me to make 3 or 4 AK47s - not even a blip!! I also had 4 small bottles of water in my rucksac and my laptop, the people were not even looking at the scanner as it went through.

At least in the UK they do try!

cpunk

LE
cometcatcher said:
Airport security is tight - but shockingly ineffective. Several years ago I flew through Gatwick Airport and swabs were taken of the inside of my carry-on bag for testing with the mass spectrometer doohicky
I'll see your swabs and raise you a box of 50 9mm rounds which I accidentally carried through Heathrow in my hand baggage some years ago. It went through the x-ray machine and a hand-search without raising eyebrows. I found it when I unpacked my bag in my hotel in Amsterdam :oops:

I bravely faced up to the consequences and dumped it in a canal.

cpunk said:
cometcatcher said:
Airport security is tight - but shockingly ineffective. Several years ago I flew through Gatwick Airport and swabs were taken of the inside of my carry-on bag for testing with the mass spectrometer doohicky
I'll see your swabs and raise you a box of 50 9mm rounds which I accidentally carried through Heathrow in my hand baggage some years ago. It went through the x-ray machine and a hand-search without raising eyebrows. I found it when I unpacked my bag in my hotel in Amsterdam :oops:

I bravely faced up to the consequences and dumped it in a canal.
Thanks. Keeps us in a job!

catherine_r said:
No I don't have confidence in Airport Security....although I do have confidence in the RAF Regiment!
Topic headline????? :roll:

Compared to "some" other countries airport security the UK has improved somewhat, mind you I've travel'd through certain area's of Asia in the past 12/18 months and was quite impressed in a few airports

Mind you all airport security is only as good as decent vigilant staff along with effective equipment and in this case hats off to LJL staff.

beemer007 said:
catherine_r said:
No I don't have confidence in Airport Security....although I do have confidence in the RAF Regiment!
Topic headline????? :roll:

Compared to "some" other countries airport security the UK has improved somewhat, mind you I've travel'd through certain area's of Asia in the past 12/18 months and was quite impressed in a few airports

Mind you all airport security is only as good as decent vigilant staff along with effective equipment and in this case hats off to LJL staff.
Topic headline?! I meant that RAF Regiment are like Airport security beemer007 .....god.... :roll:

Norfolknchance said:
On a serious note (and answering the said question) I'm quite happy with airport security. The day I'm not is the day that some bastad's got through security with some ingenious explosive malarkey which goes "bang" and spreads me and another 230 people's insides all over the map. Then I'll be most unhappy!
Airport security is a joke. Messing most passengers around at an x-ray machine is not security just spin, who is surprised at that in todays Britain?

I could put a bomb in any international airport with minimal fuss or even expense, let alone an arsenal of weapons, don't take your nail clippers with you though.

If you think the passengers are the problem you are missing an open goal.

AFA06 said:
If you think the UK is bad get a load of this. Went from Kuwait to Bahrain last week. Every single person on the flight loked like a suicide bomber/terrorist so you would think they would at least try. I went through the scanners with enough metal on me to make 3 or 4 AK47s - not even a blip!! I also had 4 small bottles of water in my rucksac and my laptop, the people were not even looking at the scanner as it went through.

At least in the UK they do try!
My bold..Arabic..??..muslim..??..well I never..!!.,. take it blond nordic gods are short on the ground in these parts..regarding you/metal/water/laptops.perhaps your the equivalent of a white Anglo-Saxon 60+ male(I.E. of no consequence whatever)...virgins in the afterlife are of no use to you...'have a safe journey'..:)

Latest Threads