Do you have a shrine ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a shrine and I know a few of my Sapper brothers have one to . how about the rest of all arms is it something we all do ? what have you got on yours . does this go back to rman soldiers ?

1571767519465.jpeg

1571767519465.jpeg
1571767519465.jpeg

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
All my military memorabilia (plaques, photos, presentation pieces etc) lives in a couple of boxes in my junk room (No attic, cellar or garage, so it's a junk room), except for my medals which live in a small wooden box and come out once a year. The only exception is a decanter which lives in a glass cabinet in my dining room.

I have my memories (well, most of them) in my head and don't need 'stuff' to remember the good times.

All my military memorabilia (plaques, photos, presentation pieces etc) lives in a couple of boxes in my junk room (No attic, cellar or garage, so it's a junk room), except for my medals which live in a small wooden box and come out once a year. The only exception is a decanter which lives in a glass cabinet in my dining room.

I have my memories (well, most of them) in my head and don't need 'stuff' to remember the good times.
Medals in bottom desk drawer. One photo on office wall, rest of the remaining stuff either given away of in a box,somewhere

I have a couple of plaques in my hallway. A GSM in my buffet hutch, my stable belt in a draw in my bedroom, along with my beret in another draw. Not so much a shrine as mementoes, scattered around the house.

Downstairs loo has my Commissioning parchment, my degree, and photos of assembled members of the Royal Family. A shelf in the study has a random selection of interesting tat; no military stuff otherwise allowed in the house now I've left the Service.

Medals in the safe. So I don't forget where I'd left them.

My father and father-in-laws WW2 medals (framed) plus several photos of them in uniform, a couple of pictures of me in interesting places or doing interesting stuff. A couple of mess photos and summer ball pics of me and the wife.

Medals I gave to my nephew years ago so he could wear them when playing soldiers, miniature medals went to my brother. The rest of the stuff such as photos, plaques and other memorabilia are in a box up in the attic somewhere.

clothears

War Hero
Spousal unit has his shrine. I just wish he'd remember to dust it!

When last child moved out, I took over his room and made it into my knitting/reading/hiding from spousal unit lair.

chimera

LE

Latest Threads