do you have a military Will?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by JudgeDredd, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am hoping someone can help me here..........

I intend to write an article soon on Wills but I have not seen a Will prepared for military personnel.

Would somebody who is serving, who has had one drawn up be willing to show me their Will, especially if they have children?

As a trade off I am willing to prepare a new Will on your behalf free of charge (usual cost circa £500).

Please PM me if you are willing to help. I can only obviously make this offer to one person.

Many thanks.
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

um didn't study English law - Roman Dutch was my poison but there is such a thing as "A Soldiers Will" which might be in English law as well - basically you get the back of a fag packet or postit note or compo ration box... Write down your name rank number and unit with "I leave it all to my Mum!" and get your best mate or anyone else to sign it and jobs done.

None of this shilly shallying with lawyer types of £500 fees.
  3. Didn't there used to be an official MOD form for wills, I'm sure I half filled one in when I was a singley.
  4. and date it presumably *sigh*
  5. thats what i understand to be the case. but i kind of want to know what happens then?
  6. bear with me while i do a quick search for the bog standard military will form... I may be some time
  7. I remenber filling mine out when I first started basic get sent of to apc Glassgow very basic will.
  8. An MOD will form is filled out and held with your documents in Glasgow. That will be £150 pounds please
  9. apparently all you need to know about it is here
    The Queen’s Regulations for the Army 1975 Army Code 13206 - Amendment No 29 - CHAPTER 7 ...
    CHAPTER 7 General Legal Matters PART 7 - WILLS PART 7 - WILLS General J7.101

but I can't get the link to open on my machine (thanks Dii)
  10. Yes there is a form to fill out. Once completed it is held at APC Glasgow (for the Scots Div any how)
  11. is that plus VAT? or should i just pay in beers
  12. I have one here at home. Handed back to me along with my dog tags, POW card and ID card.

I'll look it out and try and scan it.

Edited to add, it is 18 years old so may be out of date.
  13. thanks for that, i will have a gander
  14. We do have a bog standard will form (officers are supposed to make their own arrangement) two witnesses are needed to sign it then it is held at glasgow until the unfortunate happens.

I can't remember where I read it but there was a case similar to what schaden has written where a soldier was dying of his wounds from combat wrote on the back of a bit of paper who he wanted to benefit (girlfriend I think) It was unsigned and there were no witnesses but it was a valid will in the eyes of the law as soldiers have a certain exemption.
  15. It's MOD form 106

(Revised June 1985)