Do you feel like a gladiator?

I can't think why the Aussie officer is so steamed. :? None of the habits he cites that were observed in a tactical environment sound that serious.

I wouldn't mind to have a feel of `that jet of gladiators

Bet it was great crack knocking golf balls into Taliban territory though.

"The hyperbole surrounding the contribution of Australian soldiers in Afghanistan makes the soldiers feel entitled to be treated almost as Roman gladiators," he said.
My bold, does the antipodean Col actually know what a Gladiator is and how they were treated and what their life style was? I doubt it quite measures up.

In other words, discipline has gone to shit.

Without discipline, the same thing would happen in any modern Army.

Should be thankful they aren't raping kids and murdering civvies like the yanks.

I couldn't eat a whole one.

Australian soldiers in Afghanistan have been caught sunbathing in tactical positions, hitting golf balls into Taliban territory and greeting helicopters "in thongs (flip-flops) and T-shirts".

Sounds like the opening credits to a modern day M*A*S*H*.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
My bold, does the antipodean Col actually know what a Gladiator is and how they were treated and what their life style was? I doubt it quite measures up.
treated like slave labour, bone repetative jobs, crap food and not one glimpse of lucy lawlesses decolletage. plus you die half way through the storyline.

does that muppet have no sense of esprit de corps and unit morale?

Er, I almost feel guilty for spending my last day at Fob Rob in 2007 driving twenty odd golf balls off the roof of a sangar. Luckily I'm turbo shit at golf, so they only went about twenty yards.

The fact I was dressed in shorts and flip flops means I'm a proper thunder ****.

In other words, discipline has gone to shit.

Without discipline, the same thing would happen in any modern Army.

Should be thankful they aren't raping kids and murdering civvies like the yanks.
Or pouncing about with their arse cheeks hanging out like these Brits. :whistling::twisted::numberone:8) Just sayin' like. (And if you ask, it was a picture posted on the ARRSE website this afternoon. ;-) )

Arrse Cheeks in Afghan.jpg