Do you feel gutted for her?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunnoficarus, Oct 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the stylee of the McDonalds hot coffee litigation, I would say Where there's blame, there's a claim :wink:

I bet her boyfirend's gutted she won't be able to swallow anymore?

• Like Like x 2
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

wtf are bars doing serving drinks made with liquid nitrogen in the first place? I worked in the industry for years and some of the clowns I used to work with, I wouldnt trust them not to do themselves an injury with a corkscrew, let alone industrial chemicals.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liquid nitrogen...FFS, mind you I had a gallon of scrumpy cider years ago, I lost my guts too......in the carpark!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. i'd be quickly folding that company if i was them.

5. Before they freeze their assets?

• Like Like x 8
  6. ba-dum-tish

you're here all wk?

7. I've seen a demo where someone had put a handle in a jar of jelly, poured liquid nitrogen over it and used the end result to drive a nail into a plank. Imagine dipping one's hand into the stuff and striking it on a hard object and having hand shards all over the place.

Moreover, WTF hadn't Health and Safety banned the stuff from bars? It's an obvious hazard.

• Like Like x 1

8. Probably the same reason they serve cigarettes and alcohol in them bars.

9. No way man, cold crowd in here...i'll get my mountain hardware puffer jacket, fleece and russian hat.

10. I have written safety courses for handling the stuff and have a library of images/vids of some of the injuries this stuff can cause...but amazingly, it appears a barman needs no training, but an offshore worker does wearing full protection does.

11. [​IMG]

I would.

12. Cigarettes in bars?? Are you posting from 2007?

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I assume you wait until the stuff has evaporated before you drink it? Assuming you were daft enough to stand anywhere near a barman holding a jug full of the stuff. Whats next? "Shooters. Delivered with a real shotgun"? Jesus.

• Like Like x 1