Do you feel gutted for her?

In the stylee of the McDonalds hot coffee litigation, I would say Where there's blame, there's a claim :wink:

I bet her boyfirend's gutted she won't be able to swallow anymore?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
wtf are bars doing serving drinks made with liquid nitrogen in the first place? I worked in the industry for years and some of the clowns I used to work with, I wouldnt trust them not to do themselves an injury with a corkscrew, let alone industrial chemicals.

I've seen a demo where someone had put a handle in a jar of jelly, poured liquid nitrogen over it and used the end result to drive a nail into a plank. Imagine dipping one's hand into the stuff and striking it on a hard object and having hand shards all over the place.

Moreover, WTF hadn't Health and Safety banned the stuff from bars? It's an obvious hazard.

I have written safety courses for handling the stuff and have a library of images/vids of some of the injuries this stuff can cause...but amazingly, it appears a barman needs no training, but an offshore worker does wearing full protection does.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Probably the same reason they serve cigarettes and alcohol in them bars.
Cigarettes in bars?? Are you posting from 2007?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
[video=youtube;i_JeAuJpMis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_JeAuJpMis[/video]

I assume you wait until the stuff has evaporated before you drink it? Assuming you were daft enough to stand anywhere near a barman holding a jug full of the stuff. Whats next? "Shooters. Delivered with a real shotgun"? Jesus.

I have written safety courses for handling the stuff and have a library of images/vids of some of the injuries this stuff can cause...but amazingly, it appears a barman needs no training, but an offshore worker does wearing full protection does.
I bet there wasnt even a MSDS with it..

What's next your Dukeness/ I would suggest snakebites with real snakes.

So you need a food handlers cert to prepare food, but can slosh liquid gas about unsupervised; I can't wait for the next Blue Peter, sticky back plastic, pah!