Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you do it more than once a night?

Sounds like piles if it's fresh blood. Black stools are not a good sign and need a visit to the old quack.

Sounds like piles if it's fresh blood. Black stools are not a good sign and need a visit to the old quack.
I drink Beamish, I'd be at the quack's every day ;)

Mine was at t'other end. A swelling in my neck that kept coming and going. I put it down to glands, but in the end I went to the quack because it made me feel under the weather. Referred… hospitalised…"face off" surgery... tumor removed. Five years clear now. Everything needs checking out, especially so once you're 40+, but anything out of the ordinary whatever your age...

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
my doctor is a gentleman , he always takes his watch off before poking my prostate . I often get up 2x in the night for a pee now so i get checked out every year . safer than sorry.

We've just had this in by email from a regular ARRSE user who asked that I share it with you all
Very good message. Gents those of you who are in the age group take note

W

Welshhunni

As a nurse.over the years I've had patients whoi basically are too nervous.afraid to go make the first move to see the Dr over any loss of blood. It may b something or nothing.but take the first step and get it sorted .please do nt assume its cancer. But unless you you take the first step .it remains untreated and could get worse. Remember prevention is better than the cure.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
As a nurse.over the years I've had patients whoi basically are too nervous.afraid to go make the first move to see the Dr over any loss of blood. It may b something or nothing.but take the first step and get it sorted .please do nt assume its cancer. But unless you you take the first step .it remains untreated and could get worse. Remember prevention is better than the cure.
If you're a nurse typing word salads you need mental health support.

AT55

LE
I had to have an ultra sound scan the other week as I had a pain in my right side and my GP could not not decide if it was my liver or a kidney. As the Indian lady was doing the scan I asked her if the scanner could pick up my prostate. She said it could so I asked her if she could have a shufty as it was was a much more civilised was of checking. She was tickled that I used the the word shufty so was only too happy to give it a go. It turns out my liver and kidneys are fine but my prostate is far too big. My GP has referred me to an NHS urologist as I keep need to get up in the night to syphon the python.
I am looking for some info from members (no pun intended) that have had prostate ops. There are various ops but the last thing I need is to become incontinent. There is an op called urolift that sounds good but it is only done privately I think.
Any info would be appreciated.

I had to have an ultra sound scan the other week as I had a pain in my right side and my GP could not not decide if it was my liver or a kidney. As the Indian lady was doing the scan I asked her if the scanner could pick up my prostate. She said it could so I asked her if she could have a shufty as it was was a much more civilised was of checking. She was tickled that I used the the word shufty so was only too happy to give it a go. It turns out my liver and kidneys are fine but my prostate is far too big. My GP has referred me to an NHS urologist as I keep need to get up in the night to syphon the python.
I am looking for some info from members (no pun intended) that have had prostate ops. There are various ops but the last thing I need is to become incontinent. There is an op called urolift that sounds good but it is only done privately I think.
I would worry less about the private/NHS options and more about the outcomes of the various treatments, and the experience and outcomes of whoever is likely to be offered up to do the job. Either way, good luck with the treatment.

Hippohunter

War Hero
Yep at least twice, more if I have had a beer or 3, now 60 and been having nightly pish breaks for a wee while. I was advised when I first started going more often to have a prostrate check as that is a sign that ll may not be well. Happy to say all was well and just a function of aging.

My bladder is controlled by my sodding cat..........

Any time between 2 and 6, he scratches at the bedroom door, and I think, "Sod it, I might as well have a pee, when I let him in "

If he leaves it any later though, I might get in trouble with the wife.........

Went to the gp a while back and sitting reading Homes and gardens in the waiting room.
My Doctor comes out and calls my name.
Well f**k me, I was knocked sideways, the most stunning woman takes me in for a consultation.
I tried my hardest to get her to give me a rectal but she would only refer me to the urologist at the local hospital.
I googled her when I got home and it turns out she used to be on tv in gladiators and is now Dr Zoe on morning tv.
An absolute stunner.

Edit: she is also a good laugh.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I have quite a few of the symptoms that are mentioned and got myself down tol the Doc for a check up. After just about draining my arm to fill up various test tubes I was sent off for x-rays also.

End result in my case was OK and the tests and x-rays were well within the norm for my age. He did offer me the internal examination and camera up the bum if I wanted but he felt that it was not necessary - I agreed! However, the tests are done and I can sleep better without worrying about the reason for needing a pee at 2 am and 4 am -I just go!

Anyone who is too embarrassed is just taking chances with their lives. If you have the slightest doubt or suspicion - get it checked out. That is one of the reasons that GPs are paid 6 figure sums. They have heard it all before, and if you are really lucky you will get a nice young female Dr (or for Jarrod male). Mind you, all the doctors look young nowadays!

Edit to add thanks to the person that contacted BCO and I hope things go well for you.
You should have taken the camera.

Its an experience!:omfg:

A slight bladder control issue is still better than snuffing it.

Went to the gp a while back and sitting reading Homes and gardens in the waiting room.
My Doctor comes out and calls my name.
Well f**k me, I was knocked sideways, the most stunning woman takes me in for a consultation.
I tried my hardest to get her to give me a rectal but she would only refer me to the urologist at the local hospital.
I googled her when I got home and it turns out she used to be on tv in gladiators and is now Dr Zoe on morning tv.
An absolute stunner.

Edit: she is also a good laugh.
Surely one of the main reasons that prostrate cancer kills so many is the reluctance to get it checked? I’m just thinking that if your doctor refers all patients who broach the subject of rectal examinations to someone else, she’s increasing the risk that they’ll bottle it. She might be a laugh and on the telly but she surely needs to do her bloody job.
Despite the risk of having a queue around the block.

Latest Threads