Do You Do Any More Traning After You Passout

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sniper1990, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Everyone
    Im just wondering after you pass out from you 24 weeks traning do you do any more traning?
  2. Unless you want to stay as a Pte/Rfn/Cfn etc, yes, with each level of promotion, there are courses to be done, so more training. Or did you just think that you walk out the most highly trained soldier to walk the planet after 24 weeks ?????
  3. naa i was hopeing there was more traning coz i dont wanna get sent to afgan or somewhere not noing everythink
  4. I takes at least a further two years under good officers and NCOs before you might properly be regarded as fully trained by which time you would have reached the end of your minimum engagement!

Basic training is simply what it says on the tin: Basic, it will ground you with the basic skills required for it to continue and develop!
  5. Of course not sniper, you are Arnie, Jean-Claude and Seagal all rolled into one, please feel free to go and solve every military conflict on your own...nice one fella
  6. You forgot Sylvester Stallone, darth_fokker. Maybe even a little bit of Bruce Willis and a dash of Mark Walberg.
  7. Don't worry sunshine, there's always places for people like you on day time TV, you'll like Jerermy Kyle...
  8. What the PHUCK is that supposed to be, you ignorant chav minger...??

Congratulations - Of a sentence (and I use that term VERY loosely) containing 21 words, you have managed to spell 8 incorrectly....
  9. You may need a bit of training on your communication skills prior to sitting your EPC.
  10. Do you reckon he'll get that far???
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

True, but he is certainly not the Spellmeister!
  12. WRONG the lot of you,
    dont you see this is obviously

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

serriously some reading up on the army.
    everyone does 12 weeks basic training but the phase 2 training can vary due to the diffrent trades and the time it takes to do them.
    and after that you will constantly do courses etc.
  13. Haha, I'd considered about putting good 'ol Chuck in but I don't think even our sniper1990 is -that- good :p
  14. if its raining yer training