Do you actually enjoy being in the army?

I've been reading around for a few days now and it seems that people make lots of comments which give the idea that he/she doesn't really like being in the army? Like it's just a pain in the bum and nothing to enjoy.

So do you enjoy it overall or do you just want out?

If you do enjoy it, why?

I've been reading around for a few days now and it seems that people make lots of comments which give the idea that he/she doesn't really like writing for the Daily Mirror? Like it's just a pain in the bum and nothing to enjoy.

So do you enjoy it overall or do you just want out?

If you do enjoy it, why?

shit reporters actually come HERE for info...AHAHAHAHHAHA! GOOD ******* LUCK! I couldnt get shit outta you dudes without being called a mong and having the piss ripped out of me.

Who are you? :?

As for Journalists trawling for tittletattle and sleaze stories ....why on earth should we help them?

Journalists who trawl through here are usually of the SUN, MIRROR, STAR variety; more than happy to cheer on the boys when they sense a public sympathy yet faster than a Matador to stick the blade in when they sense more sales.

Anyway Method ever thought that the fault may well lay at your end? You ask for too much in one specific area.

Press have their uses.... just not in here. You will use whatever we write for your evil purposes. Piss off out of here you creature!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...What if the guy is lying and he is in the press? Wouldn't that help your cause to get better equipment, etc for the British Army? If you tell him the truth, what could it hurt?

I will answer your question with some questions.

Are you satisfied in your job 24/7?

Have you never voiced your opinion no matter how small and critise your work place/Boss/toilets/drinking fountain?

Are you a Mong or just a muppet?

Your points are well taken. The problem is, as I see it, I see all kinds of people on this board, with signatures about: British Army We Need More Equipment, etc.

Saying your pissed off at the fact the RSM gives head to the privates, is one thing. Saying you don't like to clean the latrines is one thing. Howver, if your upset your being thrown into harms way, because you don't have the proper ammo, uniforms, food, and other logistics, is completely another.

Maybe, just maybe, voicing your opinions in an open forum, the media, may get you help and/or assistance. That is all I am saying. I could be completely wrong. I am an American and here, such a thing works.

Phil what you dont seem to appreciate, is that the American media tend to support the US forces.

Whilst over here, they try and drag any little story about the forces, and turn it into a major incident. Making the forces come out in a bad light.

A lot of which they write is wrong, or has the perception that it means something totally differnt to what was actually said.

When they dont have a decent news story, they look to the forces, and try to dig up dirt which again portrays the forces in a bad light

This is a reason you will find most forces personnel over here do not like hacks, as we think the majority of them are scum.

How could any one not want to be in the Amey. Best job i have ever had. not that i have had many joined up when i was 16 and still in.

Ditto here fandancer.

Method are you really a 17 year old A level student interested in the army (particulary the Int Corp)?

Or are you in fact Sand17? given that you joined within days of each other and have very similar methods of writing posts. And some kind of 17 theme running through both screennames.

Would a 17 year old really say, "I too am interested"

If you're stuck for a story, how about wacking a page 3 girl on the page and getting them to talk about their love life.

Love reading "News in Breifs" by the way.

Method said:
s*** reporters actually come HERE for info...AHAHAHAHHAHA! GOOD * LUCK! I couldnt get s*** outta you dudes without being called a mong and having the urine ripped out of me.
Method said:
In retrospect the question is valid. Please awnser as I too am interested.
It seems to me, after seeing some of your questions in the Int Corps forum, that you may possibly be a journo. If you are genuinely interested in joining, stop asking arrse questions and get down to the nearest AFCIO.

As a sensible and easy answer it comes down to this. Everyone leaves for different reasons.
Some leave because they have done their time; some leave because they tried the army and didn't like it. Some get tired of the army and want a change, some are thrown out because they are not very good soldiers, some leave because there are too many commitments, some leave because their career has stalled or not taken off at all, or they have been passed over for promotion to many times. Some leave after using the army as a stepping stone in a career path where they got first class free trade training from the army and they can now carry it into civvy life at a far higher wage level. Some leave because they want and need to earn more money (see the career part, its hard to earn more money unless you leave if your army career is not moving). Some are made redundant. Some have personality clashes or cannot handle a disciplined life and leave. For some family life has taken over as their main priority and being a husband\wife and daddy\mummy causes them to leave. Some are injured and leave. Some leave because they stop enjoying the army life. There are also countless other reasons, all different.
All soldiers complain (albeit some in private behind closed doors) so you can't pin it down to unhappy grumbling. As for me, I left after 12 years for a combination of reasons.

a. I did my time.
b. My career was non-existent.
c. I wasn’t enjoying it anymore.

…….And I don’t regret a day of it.

I forgot to add; almost all soldiers upon leaving will take quite a few positive attributes only obtainable through the forces out into civilian life.

P.S. I can’t recall a single soldier ever having the urge to become a journalist upon leaving either. Strange that.

I hate my job in the Army. I get bullied by all my workmate. They play strange initiation games, I get verbally abused and they are intollerant of my sexual preference. I will talk to you.

By the way, will I get paid a large wad of cash for making up stories? I think it is only fair, you lot get paid to just make up your "exclusives".

To the original question:

It is a soldier's right to whinge/gripe/schinf/drip/purge/tick. If they didn't complain life would be dull.

It is not our place to use the media to air our grievances - it is unprofessional, to say the least.

IdleAdjt said:
I hate my job in the Army. I get bullied by all my workmate. They play strange initiation games, I get verbally abused and they are intollerant of my sexual preference. I will talk to you.

By the way, will I get paid a large wad of cash for making up stories? I think it is only fair, you lot get paid to just make up your "exclusives".
That's wierd, I was just saying today to one of the lads that it was long time since we'd gaffer taped a queer to a set of shelves and used the hand gennies for what they were really designed for. Be in my intray 0800 tomorrow. dress is long john top, mess tins and flip flops (probably be best for you if they've got rubber soles) :wink:

barbs said:
To the original question:

It is a soldier's right to whinge/gripe/schinf/drip/purge/tick. If they didn't complain life would be dull.

It is not our place to use the media to air our grievances - it is unprofessional, to say the least.
If you want a serious answer, I'd go with that to - some people still have enough dignity and self respect not to go to the papers every time something goes wrong in life.