Do you actually enjoy being in the army?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Sand17, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been reading around for a few days now and it seems that people make lots of comments which give the idea that he/she doesn't really like being in the army? Like it's just a pain in the bum and nothing to enjoy.

So do you enjoy it overall or do you just want out?

If you do enjoy it, why?

2. I've been reading around for a few days now and it seems that people make lots of comments which give the idea that he/she doesn't really like writing for the Daily Mirror? Like it's just a pain in the bum and nothing to enjoy.

So do you enjoy it overall or do you just want out?

If you do enjoy it, why?

3. LIKE WE ARE GOING TO TELL YOU !!!

4. shit reporters actually come HERE for info...AHAHAHAHHAHA! GOOD ******* LUCK! I couldnt get shit outta you dudes without being called a mong and having the piss ripped out of me.

5. In retrospect the question is valid. Please awnser as I too am interested.

6. Who are you? :?

As for Journalists trawling for tittletattle and sleaze stories ....why on earth should we help them?

Journalists who trawl through here are usually of the SUN, MIRROR, STAR variety; more than happy to cheer on the boys when they sense a public sympathy yet faster than a Matador to stick the blade in when they sense more sales.

Anyway Method ever thought that the fault may well lay at your end? You ask for too much in one specific area.

7. yes i do.

8. Press have their uses.... just not in here. You will use whatever we write for your evil purposes. Piss off out of here you creature!

9. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...What if the guy is lying and he is in the press? Wouldn't that help your cause to get better equipment, etc for the British Army? If you tell him the truth, what could it hurt?

10. I will answer your question with some questions.

Are you satisfied in your job 24/7?

Have you never voiced your opinion no matter how small and critise your work place/Boss/toilets/drinking fountain?

Are you a Mong or just a muppet?

11. Your points are well taken. The problem is, as I see it, I see all kinds of people on this board, with signatures about: British Army We Need More Equipment, etc.

Saying your pissed off at the fact the RSM gives head to the privates, is one thing. Saying you don't like to clean the latrines is one thing. Howver, if your upset your being thrown into harms way, because you don't have the proper ammo, uniforms, food, and other logistics, is completely another.

Maybe, just maybe, voicing your opinions in an open forum, the media, may get you help and/or assistance. That is all I am saying. I could be completely wrong. I am an American and here, such a thing works.

12. Phil what you dont seem to appreciate, is that the American media tend to support the US forces.

Whilst over here, they try and drag any little story about the forces, and turn it into a major incident. Making the forces come out in a bad light.

A lot of which they write is wrong, or has the perception that it means something totally differnt to what was actually said.

When they dont have a decent news story, they look to the forces, and try to dig up dirt which again portrays the forces in a bad light

This is a reason you will find most forces personnel over here do not like hacks, as we think the majority of them are scum.

13. How could any one not want to be in the Amey. Best job i have ever had. not that i have had many joined up when i was 16 and still in.

14. Ditto here fandancer.

Method are you really a 17 year old A level student interested in the army (particulary the Int Corp)?

Or are you in fact Sand17? given that you joined within days of each other and have very similar methods of writing posts. And some kind of 17 theme running through both screennames.

Would a 17 year old really say, "I too am interested"

If you're stuck for a story, how about wacking a page 3 girl on the page and getting them to talk about their love life.

Love reading "News in Breifs" by the way.

15. It seems to me, after seeing some of your questions in the Int Corps forum, that you may possibly be a journo. If you are genuinely interested in joining, stop asking arrse questions and get down to the nearest AFCIO.