Do we really need Kings Troop RHA ? - Failings at the funeral of HM Queen Victoria

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by Hermes_R12, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given the failings of King Troop RHA at the funeral of HM Queen Victoria and the fact that the Royal Navy have been involved in no less than five state funerals and taken command. Wouldn't it make more sense for the Kings Troop to be disbanded and monies distrubuted to other regiments ?

Is there a need for Kings Troop RHA today with very tight monetary restraints and what effect to they have in todays strategic military climate?

Interesting information on the failings of King Troop RHA at the funeral of HM Queen Victoria

Memorials and Monuments in Portsmouth - Field Gun Carriage

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is there a need for the household cavalry to have horses.

3. Hermes, I'd look in to how many IAs The Kings' Troop have.

And as stated above re the HCMR, when the HCMR go on holidays to the sea who stands in their stead?

• Like Like x 1
  4. If the Household Division do not require KT support to meet their tasks then we should bin them....I'd rather keep something useful like a Band!

• Like Like x 2
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

It is a tradition that the dragropes at Q V's funeral were improvised from the communication cord of the royal train.

6. They do look nice firing the gun salutes in Hyde Park, especially when they fall off

Attached Files:

7. Well of course there is you muppet, what are they going to do with all those horseshoes and tack not to mention all that ****ing hay? It won't eat itself you know.

• Like Like x 5
  8. How else would they protect the sovereign and the capital from Roundheads?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yes, they should be disbanded for their disgraceful behaviour 111 years ago at HM Queen Victoria's funeral.

I'm surprised that nobody has thought of it before.

No respect some people.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Never work with children or animals...

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Oxford ?

12. No, dear boy, Harrow, Cambridge and the Guards. Have we met?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Cambridge ?
    Soviet woofter then.

I'll keep my distance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oddly enough, I've just been to my GP.

Told him I had Hermes. He said, "Don't you mean Herpes?"

"No" I said, "I think I'm a carrier".

• Like Like x 1
  15. Do you reccomend the veal?