Do we need a war?

Do we need a war, for the greater good?

• Yes - UKs effed without a cause to rally round.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • No - The UK can still rise to the occasion.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No - But one is most likely heading our way.

Votes: 44 81.5%

• Total voters
No. And those that do want one, such as this armchair warrior, give them a gun and a parachute.

1656622606078.png

Mufulira42

War Hero
I suppose re-enacting the 2020s version of Dads Army - guarding the Sheepstor/Burrator moorland crossroads, wearing crisp bag waterproofs, 58 pattern CEMO, trying to heat water over a hexamine stove in a rectangular aluminium dish to make a plastic cup of tea with a tea bag the size of a cushion/ praying to god I'm off stag before the Puffing Billy needs to be lit/ looking forward to getting into a doss bag with the zip broken, no down in it that's several inches too short for me to lay in fully outstretched/ in a trench with a nylon sheet holding a half ton of bulging wet soil inches above my head - wouldn't be as bad as I'm making out.
Admit it, you miss those times.

Admit it, you miss those times.
Indeed, I'm busy shitting into a compo polythene bag in the attic of my semi derelict house, peering at my neighbour's windows through a cheap telescope as I type. In reality whilst I've never done any of this, I've pondered the survivability of piss drenched IPK set many times. And yes, I do miss all the circumstances of my previous post dearly. Some of which I did with Dan Gleebles from this site.

The far northern isles off the west coast of Scotland, seems to be the place where no nukes are targeted, and the prevailing winds blowing from the west come straight across the Atlantic without passing over any land mass, which might have been contaminated by fall out. Info taken from a war film where an air force officer phones his wife, and tells her to get in the car, and head in that direction.
In my last job, one of my colleagues was married to a US government agent. I shan't say what agency, but it was an open secret. He came into the office once. Otherwise, she was essentially a single mother of a teenage daughter.

Wife/ colleague informed me they had plans should things go nucular. Involved a sailboat (no requirement for fuel) and a one-way trip to the Scottish islands. When I told her I'd raced yachts for the army, I got invited to crew their boat.

I didn't take them up on it. But then at the time it was about sandpits. Nutters.

Depends if there are people in Russia prepared to stop Putin going nuclear, I'd hope some of them value their own lives enough not to let it happen
Sting Walt

The far northern isles off the west coast of Scotland, seems to be the place where no nukes are targeted, and the prevailing winds blowing from the west come straight across the Atlantic without passing over any land mass, which might have been contaminated by fall out. Info taken from a war film where an air force officer phones his wife, and tells her to get in the car, and head in that direction.
Bastard that place, sent a parcel there, DHL charged me extra £30 remote destination surcharge!!!

endure

GCM
The only way I see the UK pulling in the same direction is if there actually is a massive european / global conflict. There's no societal cohesion atm and everyone's out for numero uno. I dare say if BJ announced that we were going to double our military spend from next week, the unions would all have aneurisms because no one is feeling the effects of this war directly outside of the mad inflation and cost of living crisis.

And you just know, that if we had say, a massive campaign of setting up allotments to grow your own food, i.e a dig for Britain, the bloody pikies and chavs would be running rampant nicking from and vandalising the sites just for the hell of it.
Are you the first person willing to die? If not then **** off...

NATO has the feel of the League of Nations at the minute and troops mobilising feels like another BEF, only the destination is Eastern Europe.

Worrying times
Nah this time you got the better tanks

Do we need a war?​

Need??

Have we got one...!!!

Ongoing...right now!!

At present, with Western munitions being tested...against Russia...by Ukraine.

If we do not want war, be prepared to win one...otherwise, chances are, you'll get one.

Russia's trying one on.

China is studying the situation and preparing for one.

Last edited:
Have I missed something?
Are we taking advantage of ffrance sending it's heavy stuff to Ukr, and finally having another pop at them when they're not looking?
Never liked that Napoleonic granny gripper.
All you ex worriors whiniging about depleted assets, 'cupboard bare' etc.
Psych ops...
You don't fool us, even if the frogs have replaced their intelligence chief.

It's a canny vote winning ploy from that Boris Grr, I tell you...
He says he's going to still be PM in 2030.
He's shown his hand too early.

(At least we know if perchance we get to through to round two, against the Hun, the Polaks will bale us out, they're just itching for a leveller after they've put Vlad back in his box)

Another World War - Shove it up your ****.

Although we really need something to get the world population back to manageable levels.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I am making this statement as an act of wilful defiance of military authority, because I believe that the War is being deliberately prolonged by those how have the power to end it. I am a soldier, convinced that I am acting on behalf of soldiers. I believe this War, upon which I entered as a war of defence and liberation, has now become a war of aggression and conquest. I believe that the purposes for which I and my fellow-soldiers entered upon this War should have been so clearly stated as to have made it impossible for them to be changed without our knowledge, and that, has this been done, the objects which actuated us would now be attainable by negotiation.
I have seen and endured the sufferings of the troops, and I can no longer be a party to prolonging those sufferings for ends which I believe to be eveil and unjust.
I am not protesting against the military conduct of the War, but against the political errors and insincerities for which the fighting men are being sacrificed.
On behalf of those who are suffering now, I make this protest against the deception which is being practiced on them. Also I believe that it may help to destroy the callous complacence with which the majority of those as home regard the continuance of agonies which they do not share, and which they have not sufficienct imagination to realise

I am making this statement as an act of wilful defiance of military authority, because I believe that the War is being deliberately prolonged by those how have the power to end it. I am a soldier, convinced that I am acting on behalf of soldiers. I believe this War, upon which I entered as a war of defence and liberation, has now become a war of aggression and conquest. I believe that the purposes for which I and my fellow-soldiers entered upon this War should have been so clearly stated as to have made it impossible for them to be changed without our knowledge, and that, has this been done, the objects which actuated us would now be attainable by negotiation.
I have seen and endured the sufferings of the troops, and I can no longer be a party to prolonging those sufferings for ends which I believe to be eveil and unjust.
I am not protesting against the military conduct of the War, but against the political errors and insincerities for which the fighting men are being sacrificed.
On behalf of those who are suffering now, I make this protest against the deception which is being practiced on them. Also I believe that it may help to destroy the callous complacence with which the majority of those as home regard the continuance of agonies which they do not share, and which they have not sufficienct imagination to realise
Sassoon

I don't want to join the army
I don't want to go to war
I'd rather hang around Piccadilly Underground
Living off the earnings of a highborn lady
I don't want a bayonet up my arrsehole
I don't want my bollox shot away
I'd rather stay in England
In merry, merry England
And fornicate my fcuking life away

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer

Held a belief that the war was being maintained at a stalemate purely to further enrich the major industrialists on all sides.

Although we really need something to get the world population back to manageable levels.
Well we tried that with Covid but damnit is science didn't step in and save the day.

What's next, Locusts?

Latest Threads