Do we need a war?

Do we need a war, for the greater good?

• Yes - UKs effed without a cause to rally round.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • No - The UK can still rise to the occasion.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No - But one is most likely heading our way.

Votes: 44 81.5%

• Total voters

ImNotABot

Clanker
The only way I see the UK pulling in the same direction is if there actually is a massive european / global conflict. There's no societal cohesion atm and everyone's out for numero uno. I dare say if BJ announced that we were going to double our military spend from next week, the unions would all have aneurisms because no one is feeling the effects of this war directly outside of the mad inflation and cost of living crisis.

And you just know, that if we had say, a massive campaign of setting up allotments to grow your own food, i.e a dig for Britain, the bloody pikies and chavs would be running rampant nicking from and vandalising the sites just for the hell of it.

Do we need one: No.

Will we get one: Maybe, hopefully not. It would doubtless involve Dobby and possibly the choggies and they both have instant sunshine. So really; hopefully not.

And you just know, that if we had say, a massive campaign of setting up allotments to grow your own food, i.e a dig for Britain, the bloody pikies and chavs would be running rampant nicking from and vandalising the sites just for the hell of it.
Therefore not so different from the criminals that took advantage of the Blitz etc then?

I don't want to join the army
I don't want to go to war
I'd rather hang around Piccadilly Underground
Living off the earnings of a highborn lady
I don't want a bayonet up my arrsehole
I don't want my bollox shot away
I'd rather stay in England
In merry, merry England
And fornicate my fcuking life away

Londo

LE
Yes we should have a war .

But only if nobody gets hurt :threaten:

It seems like we are getting dragged into one whether we want want or not. We are already in a proxy war with Russia and the Folks at Davos and the lefties already have a plan in mind for us. It seems weird how EVERYTHING is going up except the wages. I'll be resorting to fishing soon and growing my own crops and forraging if prices go up much more. I'm also glad I kept my mountain bike as I might need to bin my car at this rate and use the money saved for basics like bread and milk. I was in Aldi today and bread has gone up by 30% from what it was a few months ago.

Last edited:
Your are a never served civie fantasist WTF are you slevering about want to take your garbage elsewhere?

Just in case that was a serious comment,

It's an edited form of McDermott's War song. Which is about a resurgent Russia bullying and threatening it's neighbor. The song is about how the UK should stand up to the Russians... Hey this all sounds familiar!

There's a cracking rendition of it on YouTube.

I do keep wondering if it needs to be tweaked and re-released again.

War, a hand tool for thinning out the population, making the industrialists and arms manufactures rich, allowing the officer corps to publish their memoirs, getting rid of the slum housing, reducing the amount of food required, and allowing town planners to erect concrete and steel monstrosity replacement town halls and offices. Oh almost forgot, medals and honours for our glorious leaders, and tall shoddy built blocks of flats for the returning heroes, and their family's, those that survive. :salut:

Therefore not so different from the criminals that took advantage of the Blitz etc then?

One mans criminal, another mans ontripronyur entrepreneur.

iu

Serious note: As to taking advantage the big arms manufacturers are at it to make mega $$$$ and they only make money if people are using and buying their products. Javelins are around £70K, making NLAW's a snip at around £20K, the manufacturers of both of those will doubtless be rubbing their hands together at the amount which will need to be back filled to national holdings. Even things as basic as uniform costs money, then plate carriers, helmets, and webbing. Dress a bloke up in the top end warry crye kit with a decent set of boots and he is more expensively dressed than if he had gone down Saville Row to have a suit made and bought himself a pair of top end shoes.

Last edited:
It seems like we are getting dragged into one whether we want want or not. We are already in a proxy war with Russia
Wars come along every few decades regardless if we want one or not (and no one wants one) one is long overdue and if anything the invasion of Ukraine has shown the UN to be as useless as is predecessor

The only way I see the UK pulling in the same direction is if there actually is a massive european / global conflict. There's no societal cohesion atm and everyone's out for numero uno. I dare say if BJ announced that we were going to double our military spend from next week, the unions would all have aneurisms because no one is feeling the effects of this war directly outside of the mad inflation and cost of living crisis.

I'm ordering Cheeseburgers for dinner