Do we have Flamethrowers in our inventory?

I always knack the flamer throwing enemy on call of duty first

Dangerous occupation

Very limited use nowadays as Protocol III of the Geneva Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons prohibits the use of incendiary weapons on people. You can, however, use them to clear foliage.
Napalm also banned, has been for years.
Your link doesn't say that, it bans the use on civillians and on military targets located within civilian populations unless air delivered. Did you mean to link to a different se tion?

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
I had one handed in at the police station where I was on the firearms licensing team.

Someone's grandad had been an enthusiastic weapon thief during his 1940s service.

The guy had a Transit full of weapons; Sten, Bren, PIAT, No. 4's, Browning 9mm, grenades, and to top it off, a Lifebouy flamethrower.

Caused quite a stir.
But did you get to play with them?

Youd have to be pretty tough or nuts to walk around in a firefight with 5 gallons of pressurised petrol on your back.
You'll have to account for the fuel first, that means JAMES, which in turn means you won't be going anywhere with one, ever........

Of course you could always get one of these if you like. Because it's definitely not a flame thrower. No siree. Mr Musk says so.

This business of killing people is fcuking ugly.

It seems that napalming or flame-throwing dug-in troops is frowned upon, and just not cricket. Neither is gassing them.

However, artillery fire missions (inc MLRS-types), B-52 carpet bombing missions, direct engagement with tank main weapons, grenading the poor bastards, mortaring them, and even small-arms engagement as a last resort is "game on".

"What's the best kind of dogshit to tread in?"

I recall seeing a TV news item several years ago of the California National Guard using flamethrowers in a very large park to burn off an illegal Marijuana plantation.
I hope the guardsmen were issued respiratory protection.

Then again, being California they may all have been taking deep breaths.

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that 1 R HAMPS had one during the Malayan Emergency. Apparently it was recovered from a museum somewhere and the put to good use by the Battalion APTC sergeant.

Nor do the one's sold at civvy gun show's in the US. A gaping hole in the law allows their ownership.
The same goes in Canada, flamethrowers are not illegal as they don’t fall under the firearms act, you cannot import ex military ones though.

FFS man,... don't go putting ideas into their collective dense brains, its bad enough they have limited access to military style hardware, can you imagine what carnage a southern red neck would cause in a shopping mall with a flame thrower............... .
The same carnage as a UK citizen would do if they had one? I take it you forget about what happened at the school in NI when a disgruntled ex student paid a visit with his home built version in the early 90’s.......

I had one handed in at the police station where I was on the firearms licensing team.

Someone's grandad had been an enthusiastic weapon thief during his 1940s service.

The guy had a Transit full of weapons; Sten, Bren, PIAT, No. 4's, Browning 9mm, grenades, and to top it off, a Lifebouy flamethrower.

Caused quite a stir.
Sure this wasn't a scene from "Hot Fuzz"?

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that 1 R HAMPS had one during the Malayan Emergency. Apparently it was recovered from a museum somewhere and the put to good use by the Battalion APTC sergeant.
IIRC from my research some 15 years ago into the Malaya Emergency, flamethrowers were used to clear foliage at the side of the narrow roads to reduce the ambush risk (most TICs were at less than 5 yard range); similarly there's a worrying-looking file in the National Archives marked "Chemical Warfare" that referred to the use of airborne-delivered defoliants used for a similar effect. About 15 years before Agent Orange. Just saying...