Do troops on security have to have an SIA licence

I work as a security officer and by law if I want to work I am required to pay out for a SIA licence have the troops pulled in to provide security at the Olympics to make up for G4S's shortfall require an SIA licence if so who is paying the SIA fees the troops, G4S or our beloved govt just wondering

I find it hard to believe two weeks before the Olympics it would be possible to get 3500 SIA licences through. To be honest I doubt that apart from the Navy lads troops have much experience fire fighting when the fireman go on strike either.

As you are a security officer , that is the minimum form of training/registration you require. As most people in HM Forces (except RAF) do longer than 4 days training then they don't have to do SIA . If they did , you would pay for it out of your taxes .

Yeh I know its just that if I try and work with out a licence i get fined but when it suits the govt can change the rules to suit them the rules should apply to every one no exceplions oh an BTW the SIA training course is as much use as a chocolate fireguard where do you mupets think I received my training HM forces

Yeah but then they would have to cancel the Olympics and that's just not going to happen is it?

I dont know if you know much about the military but security is kind of what we do?

Troops don't work for the security industry, they serve the crown and in the main will have more idea about security than someone employed by G4S.

They will be paid for by HMG. Hopefully HMG will get their money back from G4S and give the troops a bonus, they cant have spent it all, can they??

I work as a security officer and by law if I want to work I am required to pay out for a SIA licence have the troops pulled in to provide security at the Olympics to make up for G4S's shortfall require an SIA licence if so who is paying the SIA fees the troops, G4S or our beloved govt just wondering
Just curious but who do you work for as SO

You see that gay magic wand metal detector you see fat pony tailed bouncers waving over some jail bait drinkers mini skirted clunge before he lets them into Jumping Jacks for some alcopops and dance floor frottage in exchange for a nosh round by the bottle bins?

Well the forces have to do the same but they actually have to search for real stuff like suicide vests and weapons in places where everyone really does want to kill you.

None of them will gob you off in exchange for free entry either...well some of the ANP might do but thats a different story all together.

The government is in charge of security, the army works for the government so no license needed.
If you work in say Tesco/Asda in their security dept. You don't need a license as you are "In House" and are regulated by their in house rules.
But if you work for an agency who provides security such as G4S/Chubb/ISS you need a license as you are a "Third party" and are accountable to the SIA.

Actually according to my mate, they will be issued temporary badges for purposes of the Olympics. Then because of helping out at short notice they will be given full badges after the Olympics. Its a ******* scandal if you ask me, no one is vetting them or CRB checking them . These so called soldiers will be stealing jobs off decent security guards/doormen when they are really qualified for **** all!! Its one law for them ..... We're all going to hell in a handcart. Mind how you go etc etc

No, members of HM forces are acting as servants of the crown in much the same way as constables. Whether they are acting as designated constables for the duration of duties I do not know. Hopefully someone on the ground or in charge can enlighten us to the situation?

I urge you to infiltrate 10 Downing Street using your Ninja skills that you were taught on your SIA Security Course and curl a nutty plop into the mouth of David Cameron and shove Nick Clegg's toothbrush up your chocolate closet and post pics on here. PS Don't forget to leave a note on each of their bedside drawers remonstrating with them about abuse of their position and bad taste in pyjamas. Leave a box of nilktray for Camerons wife, but rub your smegma on each chocolate first.

Op - No.

This illustrates that the SIA is a baseless nonentity. If it were better run, with less loopholes, more accountability and not being used as a faceless and useless money gathering machine then it would be ok.

It will be revised again and certainly by 2017, the act which formed it has dozens of amendments already and the organisation itself doesn't know where it's going to be in 12 months time.

SIA my arrse. The industry does need policing to stop thick necked fuckwits battering people for fun, and to keep thugs and miscreants out. But alas, when we consider that you take a 35 hour course to learn how not to do things all is lost..
Exactly

Yeh I know its just that if I try and work with out a licence i get fined but when it suits the govt can change the rules to suit them the rules should apply to every one no exceplions oh an BTW the SIA training course is as much use as a chocolate fireguard where do you mupets think I received my training HM forces
You go, Girlfriend. They're all a bunch of scabs. Except for the RAF, they're a bunch of crabs.

The government is in charge of security, the army works for the government so no license needed.
If you work in say Tesco/Asda in their security dept. You don't need a license as you are "In House" and are regulated by their in house rules.
But if you work for an agency who provides security such as G4S/Chubb/ISS you need a license as you are a "Third party" and are accountable to the SIA.

Anyone 'frontline' who is dealing with the public needs a licence unless a servant of the crown.

Latest Threads