do they test you for drugs before entering??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by alexj123, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just a question, im thinking about joining up but im not sure because ive got canabis in my system, any1 help??

2. ???????????????????

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No

4. My understanding is an absoloute yes.

They will also test you for E. And both types of E at that.

Cannabis will leave your system at the quickest - 30 days after use.

Can I just put over one point though?

The idea of someone serving alongside my family member that is a drug user leaves me rather uneasy. Whether it be coming in to work hungover and unable, or if it be on a comedown from what ever drug of choice used at the weekend. I know there are a lot of other people that would feel the same.

Are sure this is the right career for you?

5. im 16 i dont even smoke it that much, i dnt take ez, crack, coke or any shit like that, career seems gr8 for me in the army tbh

6. They may not peform CDT on entry, however if you ever served beside me and took drugs I personally would not trust you within an inch of your drug ridden life.

If you take drugs the forces is not the right career choice for you. I suggest McDonalds or Pizza Hut.

fastmedic

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

"Do they test you for drugs before entering?"

No pal, they go in dry.

8. AlexJ - CDT happens at all levels of the Army and at random.

Having recently done a few entry medicals for people anyone who tells me they've been using (or, bless their cotton socks for honesty, still are using) gets a serious deferral (at best) from me.

If you were one of my medics and I caught wind of the fact that you were using anything at all I'd be extremely - and I mean EXTREMELY - hacked off and would be making sure that things were made interesting for you.

9. It might help to learn English (both spelling and grammar). I wouldn't want you on my section - I concur with the opinions of petite_butsweet and fastmedic, as I am sure many others would.

10. If you want a career in the Army, will you change your attitude to using Cannabis?

11. The simple answer is NO. The urine test on your entry is to test for Protein,sugar levels etc NOT drugs.

However I suggest that you dont take drugs at all.

12. definatly yes, if i was in the army i wouldn't touch it, im trying to give it up now but do you have one at your entry??

13. didnt see your post, thanks.

14. Alex -you may not take it "that much" but if you have a inclination toward any type of schizophrenia, depression or other type of mental health problem you may have induced what would never have happened or happneded with much less aggression at a later stage, eg: a bout of depression, paranoid schizophrenic episode, psychosis.

If you have been smoking skunk, you will have a one in three chance of inducing psychosis.

So there you have it - your a bit of numpty for doing it and you need to keep the feck away from it especially if you have family member with even mild mental health problems as this significantly raises your chances too.

Well done for deciding to get the feck out of that life and I am sure although lots of us could quite easily give you a sharp kick up the arrse for being a muppet would like to hear if you keep yourself in order and get on in the army.

But just remember, it's not a game. You are responsible for the lives of your fellow soldiers and that is someones son, possibly dad, husband etc. If you fcuk up due to going on a bender on the Friday night etc you will have some serious shit.

So maybe you should ask yourself why you use cannabis and what will you do instead of it...... and are you really the right kind of person for people to be trusting with their safety.....?