Do the Police take assaults on Army personnel seriously?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TonyPercy, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering what the general feeling was with how the police handle reports by army personnel of incidents involving civilians.

Are the reports logged, investigated, charges brought?

I’ve heard of a couple of cases which don’t seem right and am tempted to analyse the relevant figures to see if army personnel get treated differently, unequally to civilians.

Any thoughts?
  2. Any links to these cases?
  3. Not being funny, but are you a journalist?
  4. I thought that was obvious Goon.....
  5. Are you a journo perhaps? At the end of the day every member of the Armed Forces is also a member of the Public and in most cases a UK Citizen therefore the Police need to offer exactly the same duty of care to members of the Armed Forces as they do to the civilian community.

6. ....and by the sounds of it, a friendly one.

7. We know they should.

What TonyPercy is asking is if it is actually the case.
  8. Yes, sounds friendly, etc. etc., but would rather have an open "I'm a journalist for X and am researching this for this article..." than a roundabout way of approaching it.

And yes, it is obvious, but as I've just said, I'd rather have him come out and say it than us having to guess it.

9. Someone hit you with a stupid log, Goon?

Its not exactly giving away the plan on the lastest tactical op in Iraqistan is it?

I didn't realise there was a formal way a journo should intorduce himself.
  10. I agree. I'd be more likely to respond with some experiences of mine if honesty prevailed, and I knew exactly who I was talking to.
  11. I can't say I've ver heard of any cases where because the military were involved the police did any less. As a lot of policemen are ex service I'd be inclined to think they'd be evern more thorough.
  12. TonyPercy at a guess. :roll:
  13. E_M, you're being somewhat more trusting than I expected considering the amount of trawling this site experiences from Journos on a regular basis.

It's just nice to know exactly who it is you reveal the information to. Especially if it was some rag like the sun asking the question - never know what twist can be put on words you say.

No tin foil hat here either, just common sense. :)
  14. Nothing wrong with the sun, it tops up my tan!!!
  15. In that case, it doesnt matter what you say or even if you say nothing!

"An Army insider declined to confirm if the Armed Forces are treated unfairly by the Police. A cover up?"

I hear what your saying and I usually share your suspicion but it appears to be a benign question. Whats the worst that can happen? :roll: