• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Do the "Boys" really buy Arktis?

I took a day off last week to take the Clan Seagoon around the Bath and West Show - an excellent albeit very wet day out. While there I was enticed into one stand by the sign “Country Covers” thinking that I might find a set of new seat-covers for the battle-wagon. Instead, I found the tackiest of Walt-Cam for the civvy shooting community. I swear that I was not in military look-alike mode and hadn’t even spoken when the rep’s opening line was “Hello sir – we make clothes for the British SF” and she went on with patter about how their nice little leaf and fern number was a best seller with the boys from Stirling Lines. Then I noticed that all of their kit was Arktis…..

Someone put me out of my misery – are “they” really into something that would not look out of place on an Italian sparrow-hunt?

Ned_Seagoon said:
I took a day off last week to take the Clan Seagoon around the Bath and West Show - an excellent albeit very wet day out. While there I was enticed into one stand by the sign “Country Covers” thinking that I might find a set of new seat-covers for the battle-wagon. Instead, I found the tackiest of Walt-Cam for the civvy shooting community. I swear that I was not in military look-alike mode and hadn’t even spoken when the rep’s opening line was “Hello sir – we make clothes for the British SF” and she went on with patter about how their nice little leaf and fern number was a best seller with the boys from Stirling Lines. Then I noticed that all of their kit was Arktis…..

Someone put me out of my misery – are “they” really into something that would not look out of place on an Italian sparrow-hunt?
Sounds like B0ll0cks sale patter mate.. :roll:

Arktis my Arrse for the SF....

Why would the "Boys" from Hereford buy that cheap tat, When they probably get issued some right Gucci Gear... :wink:

Arktis used to be quite good (about 6 years ago) but then started mass-producing everything overseas. As soon as that happened so the quality caved in.

Latest Threads