Do TEC's run DIT courses?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by naked_mole_rat, Sep 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Straight forward question do the theatre education centers normally run DIT courses or alternatively would they be able to rustle one up if requested to? Tried a bit of Armynet research but not to much avail.

2. DITs ended about three years ago,they are now trainer the trainer course,four weeks IIRC.

3. Odd that, we're still running them at RTC(S) and the ASLS team will come up and run DTTT as and when required.

4. I think your mistaken barney, a DIT qualification is a prerequisite to substansive Sgt under CLM 2008 and is definitely still being run by REME Arms School.

Anyway, anyone know if they are run in theatre?

5. Somebody needs to tell our AEC then as they've just ran a 1 week DIT course last week.

6. I did a DIT course in December last year, you sure you're not getting confused with BIT changing to DIT?

7. Agree'd DIT's are still being run & planned , many of the RTC's still have them on their programme forcasts

8. DIT being Defence Instructional Techniques? Certainly for the RN its is now TTT,so much for being tri-service,my DIT was lead by a C/Sgt Argyll and Sutherland Highlander as was,CAM by another army WO2 and COT by a RAF bish!