Do soldiers at MCTC Colchester get any "remission" at Christmas?

And you never fucked up as a young man eh Stacker.
He's done his time in nick, he's paid the penalty by losing his Army career, now he has the opportunity to grasp life with both hands and better himself. You're just coming across as a holier than though prick tbh. @stacker1
Everyone has done at least one seriously stupid thing at some time or another. If you are lucky you don't get caught, or get away with it for one reason or another.

If I think back cumulatively I could probably have done a few years in nick for some of the strokes or stupidity I was associated with - just fcuking lucky I/we were never caught.

He has done his time and now needs to move on in the best way possible. If he is continually given a hard time he will just add to the statistics rather than being a useful member of society.

If you do not get an apprenticeship then get off to evening classes in whatever it is you want to get into. It would probably even help you get into an apprenticeship if you had already shown the gumption to get onto a course.

I have known some blokes with time under their belts get off to uni to build a new life. One had been more or less a career small time burglar type and all around toe-rag. It all changed when he had a grandkid, he suddenly realised that he had been a W-anchor all his life and that there was life beyond nick and working in Morrisons warehouse. He spoke to the uni, grovelled and laid his cards on the table and they said he had to do an access course. He completed the access course with flying colours, got onto a degree, followed that with a masters degree and was accepted on a PhD in some social thing. He ended up being addressed as Dr. working along with the probation service - he looked like a hard b'stard, with the associated tattoo's, I always wondered what meetings with him would be like. He worked at Morrisons through the access course, degree and masters to feed his wife and kids.
I am definitely going to get on with things. I have been in touch with SSAFA and they are going to get me help in the New Year. I honestly wouldn't mind working in Morrissons. Before the Army I just worked as a labourer so I could go back to that but want to do something else if I can.

Thanks though

Because the money is better spent on people who don't have a criminal record.
Why should the soldiers who behave themselves have to live and work with a thug?
I know what you are saying but the thing that isnt really fair is that if I did what I did to another soldier instead of a civvy I probably would have gone to Colchester, do my time and go back to my unit after that probably a better soldier and get the chance to show them I had learnt my lesson.

I know what you are saying but the thing that isnt really fair is that if I did what I did to another soldier instead of a civvy I probably would have gone to Colchester, do my time and go back to my unit after that probably a better soldier and get the chance to show them I had learnt my lesson.
Life wasnt fair to the person you leathered.
You might have gone back to your unit and gave a decent soldier a kicking.
Best if the army doesn't take the risk.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I always though Christmas at Colly was marked by hanging the prisoners the right way up for the day.
Geniune question, how many sausages did you get for breakfast?

Soldiers giving other soldiers a kicking isn't the end of the world.
Soldiers giving civvies a kicking not so good if caught.
Soldiers using a weapon on a civvy, like wot you did, will get you what you got.
Fair ain't got nuttin to do with it. Although to be fair the above is fair.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Soldiers giving other soldiers a kicking isn't the end of the world.
Soldiers giving civvies a kicking not so good if caught.
Soldiers using a weapon on a civvy, like wot you did, will get you what you got.
Fair ain't got nuttin to do with it. Although to be fair the above is fair.
I agree civvies think all squaddies are all killing machines, I couldn't even beat my 'killer' bunny up

95pd. You did what you did. In my opinion, by coming here you are going over it again. Move on.
You are lucky. Very, very lucky. More than you ******* think, are you lucky.
Stop going over “what could have been’s” and please get on with your life. You seem like a hard worker and genuinely a person who is looking at himself and thinking WTF? Get on with your life, prove you will not do it again, make the people who love you proud. And stand proud, you ******* dick.
And if you ever **** up again, **** you. Carry on.

I saw a documentary recently about 12 prisoners recruited from military prisons that were then trained in advanced special forces techniques before being sent to France on a mission few were expected to survive.
That seemed to work well as a solution.

Aren't we supposed to be towing the civilian line now as with everything it seems in military life? Therefore treat them softly, give them everything they want. Don’t forget to tell them it’s not their fault but the systems for failing them!

Latest Threads