Do RMP carry pistols on Ops?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by ElliottThatGuy, May 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read that they do... What is the reasoning behind this?
  2. To shoot people?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Wah Ten Letters
  4. The RMP don't get provided with rations on ops due to no one liking them, so therefore they are issued with pistols so they can shoot small game such as deer, goats, rats etc in order to sustain themselves in the field
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I very nearly broke into a smirk.......
  6. Depends on the op. at the end of the day if people are close enough to able to shoot with a hand gun then their to bloody close.
  7. Unless they're unarmed and you just choose to shoot them for fun.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. No more fun to run them over with a vehicle. Having said that most land-rovers would break before you got them up to ramming speed.
  9. HHH

HHH LE

They use them to hammer in the speeding signs on camp.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. We do. Issued for the same reason that they're issued to others, personally as a Police Mentor they're more convenient, as rifles are a bit unweildy when attending police stations/shuras. When on patrol the Close Support guys were able to take it or leave it as it becomes another piece of kit to maintain/lose/secure, and the majority of Inf who we worked with weren't issued them anyway.

BTW is there anyone in this forum who is actually RMP or do you lot trawl the threads in the hope of a bite?!
  11. They do, and here is the reason why. Note the red beret doubles as a hand warmer.

12. Ah well there is one and I'm here to stand up for the Corps.
  13. Give enough monkeys a computer each and enough time, and one of them will eventually come up with something worth reading!
  14. The ones checking people were washing their hands / had their shirts tucked in were all armed in the BSN cookhouse the other day. Can't be too careful.
  15. Well you wouldn't want them armed with a long.