Do paras get any different kit now?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by KleenUpGuy, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering do the paras get issued the norm boots or do they have something special. And I am guessing long gone are the days of the para smock? Whilst on the topic of the para smock what is the strange bum flap looking thing on the rear for?

2. Some get parachutes.

3. To stop the thing blowing up around your ears when you're doing the 'meat bomb'.

4. MP3 player with "breath in, breath out" recorded on it or is that just for matelots in Iran? Could have been an IPOD not sure!

5. AH so does the flap go between the legs somehow? to make like aladies swimsuit style smock.

6. Not a garment I'm familiar with I'm afraid.

7. You not seen them? The new issue CCF smocks are reversible to be ladies swim suits?

8. When I passed P Coy I was told to go to the G10 store and sign out the extra good looking woman......I was lied to.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

When you did P Coy they were still issuing these:

[​IMG]

:p

10. Ouch! Harsh indeed!

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If it's any compensation, I'm quite handy with a Trebuchet!!

12. years ago I trainedn trained with a very secret Para Reg based up by Aldershot FC. I was given a smock by them which I still have although they were so hush hush that they had no battalion insignia at all- just an 'X'.

Is it rare?

13. The old super secret Ordnance Road battle group? Or was it The Crimea Public House fight club?

14. Sshh! You never saw me ok. Especially not in the Grimy Inn.

Edited to add: I was actually in the ACF at the time so they wouldn't have served me anyway.

15. Paras normally get issued the Phase 1 lobotomy, followed up with the "thanks for passing the course beret/badge, but you'll never be used for what you're trained for" smock, to sew them onto ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.