• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Do paras get any different kit now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering do the paras get issued the norm boots or do they have something special. And I am guessing long gone are the days of the para smock? Whilst on the topic of the para smock what is the strange bum flap looking thing on the rear for?

I was just wondering do the paras get issued the norm boots or do they have something special. And I am guessing long gone are the days of the para smock? Whilst on the topic of the para smock what is the strange bum flap looking thing on the rear for?
To stop the thing blowing up around your ears when you're doing the 'meat bomb'.

When I passed P Coy I was told to go to the G10 store and sign out the extra good looking woman......I was lied to.
years ago I trainedn trained with a very secret Para Reg based up by Aldershot FC. I was given a smock by them which I still have although they were so hush hush that they had no battalion insignia at all- just an 'X'.

Is it rare?

P

PrinceAlbert

Paras normally get issued the Phase 1 lobotomy, followed up with the "thanks for passing the course beret/badge, but you'll never be used for what you're trained for" smock, to sew them onto ;)

years ago I trainedn trained with a very secret Para Reg based up by Aldershot FC. I was given a smock by them which I still have although they were so hush hush that they had no battalion insignia at all- just an 'X'.

Is it rare?
Ha Ha! It is indeed....shame they left Aldershot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads