Do More, Be More

I'm squirming with embarrasment at this utter shite. It makes the TA look like a bunch of boy scouts!
The TA; like boy scouts, but with automatic weapons, high explosives and less adult supervision.

Why would I join the TA to put signs onto hills only people doing selection are going to read, and thus negate it's likely recruiting value?

Just out of interest had this on silient while having a brew and avoiding work, so I've missed the relevance of the flipped aircraft?

The_Duke

LE
Be quiet now you dissenters.

A suitable TA grown up will be along soon to tell you that you are not bright enough to understand, and that it is a very clever and highly targetted campain.

The fact that the sort of people who are already in the TA (you could describe them as reflecting the target audience) think it is utter shit will fly straight past them.

Do you have to try selection 1st to find the recruitment details to join the TA?

/me gets his coat...

I'd shag the bird at the beginning though.........................

Utter bollox, utterly pointless and unless I missed something, a stupid misson that they failed to execute.

Did they get to keep the PCS and opsrey as their reward for collaborating in this farce or did they have to hand that in at the car park on the way home prior to boarding their coaches with their heads hung in shame :).

Oh, and pity no one issued them cam-cream.

Edited: Sp

C

cloudbuster

Utter bollox, utterly pointless and unless I missed something, a stupid misson that they failed to execute.

Did they get to keep the PCS and opsrey as their reward for collaborating in this farce or did they have to hand that in at the car park on the way home prior to boarding their coaches with there heads hung is shame :).

Oh, and pity no one issued them cam-cream.
So, all-in-all, a pretty fair portrayal of reality then?

"The Territorial Army recently took a 3 x 12 metre poster to an extraordinary location. Why? To test the planning, logistics and leadership skills of the soldiers involved – and push their fitness to the limit. These are vital qualities for Territorials. Do you have what it takes to join us?"

Jesus ******* wept!

As has been rightly said this is GASHtastic.

It makes a mockery of the TA's role by belittling it. ARAB/STAB I don't care it's bad leadership. Perhaps someone thought: let's show-off the kit they could use in a situation other than war! Granted, not much war left.

Still, citing the ready role to fight over the last 10 (15 years) - GET STUCK IN! - training - GET FIT! - and camaraderie - BETTER MATES THAN ON-LINE! etc.

FFS.

What were they smoking when this was dreamt up?
Tax payers' money?

I learned very early that a TA recruiting day is attended by 3 types of potential recruit:
Too old
Too young
Too stupid

And this campaign is ideal for attracting all of the above.

I joined cause I wanted a free HGV. And let's face it, they got value for money when I swaggered in through the gates...