Do More, Be More

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by MrTracey, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They gave 23 people four days pay to produce that pile of shite advert?

**** me, no wonder the Army's skint.

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Really Dire, Stop Now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cringeworthy advert, more like a 1980's out of camp non adv trg nav ex with command tasks than a suitable advert. Please tell me that you have moved on from putting up nine by nines with poles missing!

4. What a complete and utter waste of money, 4 days Jesus.

Really just how many people are going to see the message from the top of Corn du in fog.

So much wrong with this, I mean there's even a doris walking up in broad day light in the fog with an HMNVS fitted.

All involved should bow their heads in shame everytime this is shown, couldn't make the TA look any worse if they just shown the old Frank advert and just change his name to Gareth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's worse than the one for the RAF thatn I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago in UK. The one where the tatty bird (avian) joins some erk looking at a screen showing some ragheads doing something in the dark. Scene cuts to a warplane thundering in and the ragheads scarpering. The warplane does something and there is an explosion. The raghead, car/bomb/donkey/khazi, whatever goes up in smokle and the voice-over smugly announces something like "mission accomplished and no one hurt".

I mean really!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm squirming with embarrasment at this utter shite. It makes the TA look like a bunch of boy scouts!

What were they smoking when this was dreamt up?

7. Blame the cock who saId 'yeah, that's good let's go with that'......probably an ARAB.

8. If that's the case; job done.

• Like Like x 1

9. No, Boy Scouts are led by Adults....

...and there's more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Sadly, it has probably also been signed off by some dribbling old fool of a TA Brigadier who believes it "speaks to the broad church, shows our vital place in the community, harks back to our great history of pointless tasks" etc whilst desperately hoping it will help him on his way to a place on the Honours list.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ******* utter shite Utter shite “everybody clear ?”

12. Is there any need to lower the tone so early, lets not push this into an Us and Them crayon thread :)

13. Calm down Princess, it's called my sense of humour...I'm a fecking ARAB so can play up and take the pi55 of the supposed hatred of all things Reg v TA...especially as I was in the TA, did an 'S' type and stayed on.

The advert is totally gash, pointless, sends out feck knows what kind of message, and is about as effective as offering Holocaust survivors free trips to a German gas works.

14. Got the sense of humour bit and not wound up by it, in all honsetly it was probably a Civil Servant who got sold a great Idea by someone in the London scotish by the looks of it :)