Do MoD Civilians have access?

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by unemployable, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Might sound a silly question, but do MoD Civilians have access to ArmyNET or only serving soldiers?
  2. Think back to when you signed up for here

Huh - what a pr4t. Gummy old eyes not properly adjusted to bright lights

3. Not ARRSE!
  4. Authorised users are serving members of the Regular and Territorial Army, Reservists and their family members and guests. Access from non British Army personnel must be as a sponsored guest of a serving soldier.

3. Unauthorised attempts to access ArmyNET are strictly prohibited and are an offence under the Computer Misuse Act (1990).

4. The use of departmental Communications and Information Systems (CIS) facilities is subject to monitoring. Material held on MOD CIS equipment is considered to be the property of the MOD. Any information held on any MOD system may be made accessible to the chain of command or investigators without prior recourse.
  5. Unless it's changed (I haven't been on there for ages) anyone can go on there, as long as they are sponsored by a member of ArmyNET. Why on earth they would want to though is beyond me, they (MOD Civilian type person) would have the Intranet anyway wouldn't they? I don't think there's any more information on ArmyNET than there is on Defence Net for civvies, is there?