Do Middle Class Tipplers Cost Us More Than Chav Bingers

#2
Hence the line 'I used to have a drink problem, but now I can afford it'

Seriously though, people just need to be educated and see that alcohol is just as harmful a drug as all the others if not kept to moderation.
 
#3
Q : Do Middle Class Tipplers Cost Us More Than Chav Bingers
A : No Sven. 'Us' includes 'you'. As a work dodging non-taxpayer, they don't cost 'you' anything.
 
#4
Middle class tipplers are of course (generally) drinking in their own homes, or at a friends. not the same as downing several bottles of alcopops/stella in the park/outside tescos and causing trouble. The middle class drinkers are also contributing to the UK economy by having jobs, paying tax and such like.
Who costs the UK the most? The teenage drinker lobbing bricks at shop windows or the couple in their comfy detached house quietly rotting their own livers which their private healtcare will cover?

(the above is, of course, a very general view and can be misinterpreted any way you like. and it probably will be)
 
#5
theoriginalphantom said:
Middle class tipplers are of course (generally) drinking in their own homes, or at a friends. not the same as downing several bottles of alcopops/stella in the park/outside tescos and causing trouble. The middle class drinkers are also contributing to the UK economy by having jobs, paying tax and such like.
Who costs the UK the most? The teenage drinker lobbing bricks at shop windows or the couple in their comfy detached house quietly rotting their own livers which their private healtcare will cover?

(the above is, of course, a very general view and can be misinterpreted any way you like. and it probably will be)
Oh, I don't know, it seems to sum me up rather well. :oops:
 
#6
Actually Sven I think the whole report is a pile of poo.
People choosing to not work and live on benefits cost us far more. Rich massive earners who pay little/no tax cost us more. Government beurocracy costs us more.

Now most of those drinks that the people you are deriding comewith a huge tax on them. The people are not smashing places up when they drink. Seems like pure window-dressing to me.
 
#7
Who costs us more? The middle class tipplers that work five days a week and presumably contirbute to the economy, or the unemployed doleite, benifit thief with 3 kids and no income?

Thats a tough one, let me think.
 
#8
Given that it is reported in the Telegraph and therefore clearly aimed at the middle class tippler audience then it probably means bugg*r all as a news story. Clearly the chavs cost us all more as their contribution back to society is pretty marginal whilst the middle class tippler has probably given something back in the form of taxes etc.
 
#9
This report is just the latest shot in the anti drinking campaign.

They have demonised smoking and banned it, demonsed hunting and banned that, shooting is going the same way.

Drinking is next, prohibiton is not far way.
 
#10
The scores on the doors:

Runnymede: 26.4
Harrogate: 26.4
Surrey Heath: 26.0
Guildford: 25.5
Mid Sussex: 25.5
Mole Valley: 25.5
Leeds: 25.3
Elmbridge: 25.3
Waverley: 25.2
Woking: 25.0

Bitterly disappointed! I live in the rather posh area of Elmbridge (Something else for you to google about me RFUK), if they'd asked me, then I'm sure we could've scored higher!
 
#11
Perturbed said:
Actually Sven I think the whole report is a pile of poo.
People choosing to not work and live on benefits cost us far more. Rich massive earners who pay little/no tax cost us more. Government beurocracy costs us more.

Now most of those drinks that the people you are deriding comewith a huge tax on them. The people are not smashing places up when they drink. Seems like pure window-dressing to me.
Nope, but they are suffering from or setting themselves up for such chronic diseases as schlerosis etc. They ARE becoming a strain on the NHS. and are You all saying that a chav plumber doesn't pay more tax than salaryman UK? Or that a chav train driver doesn't pay more tax than a shop manager?

Edited to add extra bits
 
#12
So what if it costs us (not you Sven) money? At least they are paying for the service!

And while we're on about costing money for our vices , the overweight should be denied all treatment for related illnesses. Your 'illness' is self-induced you lazy etc.

Smokers however should continue being treated for their ailments as again they have paid over the odds for the service. In addition not all smokers cost huge amouts of money and the die sooner costing less in pensions.
 
#13
tearsbeforebedtime said:
So what if it costs us (not you Sven) money? At least they are paying for the service!

And while we're on about costing money for our vices , the overweight should be denied all treatment for related illnesses. Your 'illness' is self-induced you lazy etc.

Smokers however should continue being treated for their ailments as again they have paid over the odds for the service. In addition not all smokers cost huge amouts of money and the die sooner costing less in pensions.
Who was it that said that anyone should not be treated on the NHS - certainly not me.
 
#14
Sven said:
Perturbed said:
Actually Sven I think the whole report is a pile of poo.
People choosing to not work and live on benefits cost us far more. Rich massive earners who pay little/no tax cost us more. Government beurocracy costs us more.

Now most of those drinks that the people you are deriding a huge tax on them. The people are not smashing places up when they drink. Seems like pure window-dressing to me.
Nope, but they are suffering from or setting themselves up for such chronic diseases as schlerosis etc. They ARE becoming a strain on the NHS. and are You all saying that a chav plumber doesn't pay more tax than salaryman UK? Or that a chav train driver doesn't pay more tax than a shop manager?

Edited to add extra bits
No they are not. They are funding the NHS. The tax on drink is enormous. It costs about 10p to make a pint of beer and about 30p to make a bottle of wine. Almost the entire price on booz is going to the treasury in tax. Add to that the "middle class" are in employment and paying tax. It is a friggin cheek to say that these people are a drain on resources.

The biggest drain on UK resources are the people that choose to live on benefits and imigrants who enter the UK for "free money".

You have to be either joking/taking the p1ss/deranged to claim that the tax payers are a drain on our economy.

WTF is it with plumbers/train drivers? I never called them anything. They work and pay taxes. Good for them!

If you wish to argue with me then please retort to what I said.

Added in EDIT: Everyone will become a "drain" on the NHS if they live long enough. The difference is tha some people paid into it.
 
#15
This is diversionary. Stop treating a) economic immigrants who come through immigration b) gay self-inflicted diseases and we would be back on our feet, top, middle or bottom.
 
#16
What they are referring to is the "days off work" or "working with reduced efficiency" costing the workplace, not just the NHS.
The remedy:
Pay them all on Army Terms and Conditions, they will not get days off sick, and if they Fukc up because they are Pessid in the morning get them to stay on until they get it right. Tends to work with serving soldiers anyway.
As far as chavs are concerned most are too thick to get employment so they fail to contribute much in the way of taxes and if they are on benefits, yes they do cost us more.
 
#18
No, because chav bingers usually finish their drinking with one or more of the following outcomes:-

A) a punch up
b) an unwanted pregnancy
c) a drive around in a stolen car
d) a series of abusive text messages to one of their many ex partners, their new partners, etc etc
e) beating up their current partner
f) a house party guaranteed to annoy all the neighbours
g) a fight with the police
h) a visit to A&E

All of which cost the taxpayer money in some form or another either in police, hospital or welfare costs. Also their drinking (as most chavs are terminaly unemployed) is funded by us mugs.

The list could be endless. Your average middle class drinker probably ends up with nothing more serious than red wine induced dry mouth.
 
#19
I think you will find that most of these people have their own Medical Insurance as they have no desire to mix with people like me
 
#20
What's all this garbage about drinkers 'costing' us all? Every single type of alcohol on sale here is taxed to hell and gone. Look at the revenue on a bottle of spirits or even a pint of beer.

Drinkers are paying huge amounts of money into the Exchequer. Thus they can be seen to be funding their own NHS treatment. Those who die quickly are, in fact, providing a net benefit to the economy.

Drink up, I say!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top