Do I take?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by H_M_ARRSE, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would rather pose this question to ARRSE than bother my busy overworked Recruiting Sergeant.

Being a keen shooter the Army has always been a healthy interest.

I want to know if I should take my ear defenders to Phase 1? They say take only what’s on the list but it’s surely ‘par for the course’..... ? My worry is wasting perfectly accountable money for essential items when I've already got them. Will it be considered ‘Gucci' kit, therefore, not essential?

2. Is it just me or can I not see anything

3. Cow

Cow LE

You use the supplied ones. Your worry should be wasting your money when you damage your own. The armies worry is that you use the issue kit so it can be replaced easily if damaged, they're cheap for when the getting nicked and the army has tested it's ones, yours however good are(probably) not approved for army use.

4. It must be you I fully understand the question and agree with Cow . :wink:

5. Thanks. No further questions.

6. Oh I didn't see a message.. laptop must be broken ;)

7. I don't see anything either!

8. Royal Engineer and Soozi did you press the Not in the Army yet button. Didnt the MODS tell you that there are certain threads only serving soldiers can see. Obviously that is why I can see it with other serving soldiers and you cant.
    On the other hand it may be more sinister :?

Are you serious you cant see H_M_ARRSE has just wote this

Thanks. No further questions

I know that these weird kind of things happened the same time last weekend......spooky

9. I wonder too!

10. I wonder too!

Why is that H_M_ARRSE what are you wondering about :?

11. Its just it happens quite frequently with others too. I cant remember what you are if you are marked on this website 'a gimp, or chimp, or imposter.... ' or something but i know for a fact there's something wrong with my posts 50% of the time. What is that word............. !?

12. H_M_ARSSE wrote
    Its just it happens quite frequently with others too. I cant remember what you are if you are marked on this website 'a gimp, or chimp, or imposter....

Yes some people are classed as O2 Thieves and banished but if you have behaved you'll be ok. Chimpy is a good lad deep down though, dont know why soozi and engineer cant see your posts though. :roll:

13. No can't see them at all.. maybe it's something controversial ;) Can't see them but it's probably for a reason.

14. I can't see anything either, but if I go to his/her profile, and see 'view all posts', I can see them there.

15. yep, they hear me there. thanks for taking the time. I'll try and behave to amend this ARRSE oppression. Or i could stop writing in grey... ......