Do I need to put weight on, or lose fat?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by henrythompson98, May 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

A lot of lads I'm training with have mentioned that I'm skinny, but I think the opposite.

I'm 5'8 and around 159lbs, due to start basic soon.

Am I going to be laughed at in basic?

Photos attached.

Attached Files:

2. You are such a knobber! Haha no offence. Your not skinny, there's muscle there, your about right but there's no tone or definition. May I ask when you're starting basic? And get some hairs on that chest :p

3. Oh dear, it hasn't started yet but it will. How long before this one's relegated to the NAAFI Bar?

4. not sure, jump up and down.

5. Henry I can give you 1 piece of advice, whats about to be said to you on here....take it with good humour and don't let it put you off the military.....these lad's can be quiet mean 8O

6. Just to bump it up again, what is the word? Pidgeon chest ;)

7. Post your pics. on a gay forum, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

8. Hmmm, this has gotten off lightly so far; must be the bank hols or something.

9. awww you're a treasure

(Is that a sunken chest?)

10. Seriously, do lots of low weight/high reps for muscle definition.

Really, you need to grow some body hair, and you look gay as a meatball.

11. can you flex your muscles so we can get a better look?

12. As my dear departed Father used to say,
    "I'm going to tell you something now. Are you listening?
    You're a fcuking knob"

13. GOD i gotta stop myself from ripping this one to bits........so i shall
    Serious the rest of the guys will all be about the same im sure that and they will give yer some other things to take yer mind of what yer look like ha ha ....get bumpering that floor it will put muscles on yer muscles but remeber the most important muscle is the one in bettween yer ears

14. Don't worry about this too much. (and some of those bone reply's) You have the basic fitness building blocks to get you through Basic training. what is important is your willingness to be a team member and to help/encourage those that are weaker than you.(as a team the guy that struggles on the run may actually be the best shot, the best linguist, the best mechanic or whatever helps you win the day...... you need each other) strive to do you absolute best, show competitive spirit, work as a team and show some "balls" and you will be fine bud.

PoGs
    www.pocketcomms.co.uk

15. a ha ha ha